Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Successful SEO programs require content that supports the entire buy cycle
Nov 7, 2016 by Joe Goers
Columnist Joe Goers argues that many websites are focusing too much on the bottom of the funnel — to the detriment of their SEO success.
- Quiz: Are you ready to adopt Account-Based Marketing?
Nov 7, 2016 by Victoria Godfrey
Test your knowledge of Account-Based Marketing with this quiz contributed by Victoria Godfrey.
- Report: Amazon, HBO Now, Live.com only apps common to top app-install platforms
Nov 7, 2016 by Greg Sterling
The top 20 advertisers on Facebook, Instagram, Google and Pinterest are quite distinct.
- [Reminder] Live Webcast — It’s not too late! Maximize your Google Shopping in time for the holidays
Nov 7, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Whether you’re a beginner or a paid search pro, it’s not too late to improve your Google Shopping campaigns in time for the holidays. Join us for this November 10 webcast and learn how to optimize for search success with Google Shopping ads.
- Why the email list takes second place to the phone book
Nov 7, 2016 by Andrew Osmak
Columnist Andrew Osmak discusses why phone numbers are gaining importance for marketers as a reliable identifier to gather data, track consumer behavior and attract leads.
- Turning content pages into lead generators
Nov 7, 2016 by Brian Massey
Is your content turning your visitors into subscribers? Columnist Brian Massey walks you through key strategies you can try on your content landing pages to get your visitors to take action.
- [Podcast] Marketing Land Live #34: Google Home vs. Amazon Echo with USA Today’s Jefferson Graham
Nov 7, 2016 by Matt McGee
Is Google Home really a “fail” on its first day being available to the public? We’re joined this week by special guest Jefferson Graham of USA Today for a spirited discussion on the competition between the new Google Home device and its predecessor, Amazon Echo.
- Not to be out-Einsteined, Adobe launches its Sensei layer of AI services throughout its clouds
Nov 7, 2016 by Barry Levine
The new framework distributes existing intelligent services across the company’s Marketing, Creative and Document Clouds and adds a variety of new ones.
- A great American underdog makes a comeback: CMO transforms Arby’s into a QSR leader
Nov 7, 2016 by Nadine Dietz & Erica Seidel
Rob Lynch, chief marketing officer of Arby’s, tells contributors Erica Seidel and Nadine Dietz how a willingness to take risks has fired up this once-outdated brand.
- Study says only 8 percent of shoppers use retailer apps. Should they give up?
Nov 6, 2016 by Greg Sterling
No: they need a diversified strategy that includes third party distribution, mobile wallets and a renewed focus on the usability of their apps and sites.
- comScore sunsets its Compete PRO service and recommends SimilarWeb to its clients
Nov 4, 2016 by Barry Levine
comScore customers will receive a discount from SimilarWeb for a short while, but the two companies will not integrate their services.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
Copywriting, Design & Usability
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- 5 Instagram Tools for Marketers, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 5 Signs of a Weak Social Media Campaign, www.adweek.com
- 7 Quick Tips to Get More Out of Your Instagram Ads, www.jeffbullas.com
- Cheat Sheet: How to Perfectly Size Social Media Images, www.toprankblog.com
- Facebook top channel for ad recall among millionaires, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Facebook’s Workplace brings the sexy back to collaboration, venturebeat.com
- How Businesses Can Use Instagram Drafts Feature, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- How publishers are trying to monetize Instagram, digiday.com
- Leveraging Social Media to Build a Creative Brand, www.copyblogger.com
- Marketers, Don’t Promote That Facebook Post Yet!, www.socialbakers.com
- New! Shopping on Instagram: Get the Complete Details and What It Means, blog.bufferapp.com
- Social Media For Customer Acquisition, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Tips for Small Business Saturday on Facebook, www.facebook.com
- What marketers need to know about Instagram shopping, econsultancy.com
- WhatsApp”Status” tab, an Instagram Stories like feature, is under testing, www.bgr.in
Go to Source
Author: Amy Gesenhues