Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- What makes for a valued martech provider?
Jun 26, 2017 by Scott Vaughan
In the rapidly growing martech space, how do you determine which providers are worthy of your investment? Contributor Scott Vaughan taps some industry pros to share their tips.
- SMX Advanced session: Mobile-First For The Advanced SEO
Jun 26, 2017 by Greg Gifford
How can websites prepare for the mobile-first index? Columnist Greg Gifford recaps a session from SMX Advanced dealing with the impending rollout of Google’s new index, which prioritizes mobile content over desktop.
- Danny Sullivan: My new role as advisor for Third Door Media
Jun 26, 2017 by Danny Sullivan
Marketing Land continues on strong, with an outstanding team in place.
- B2B vs. B2C: What’s the social strategy?
Jun 26, 2017 by Brad O’Brien
How does an effective social advertising game plan differ between B2B and B2C companies? Columnist Brad O’Brien shares tips on optimizing the social approach for both audience types.
- Timeline: Google’s ongoing efforts to address brand safety on YouTube
Jun 26, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Addressing brand safety took on a new urgency after an advertiser revolt this spring. Here’s the rundown of what the company has done to address advertiser concerns.
- Major publishers band together against the ‘walled gardens’ in Sonobi’s cookie-less advertising marketplace
Jun 26, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Combined, the publishers deliver an audience of more than 150 million signed-in users.
- Is retargeting dying?
Jun 26, 2017 by Barry Levine
Since third-party cookies are crumbling, it’s time to ask if the days of ads following you everywhere are numbered.
- Four ways brands can boost retail channel sales through content
Jun 26, 2017 by Adri Nowell
In an overcrowded e-commerce marketplace, how do you make your brand stand out for consumers? Contributor Adri Nowell shares four tips to help you increase online sales on your retail partner websites.
- Compare 9 paid search campaign management tools
Jun 23, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Marketing Land’s “Enterprise Paid Media Campaign Management Platforms: A Marketer’s Guide” examines the market for paid search and other media campaign management platforms and the considerations involved in implementing this software into your business.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- Alphabet partners with Avis to manage self-driving car fleet, Reuters
- Facebook, Microsoft, Twitter and YouTube Announce Formation of the Global Internet Forum to Counter Terrorism, Official YouTube Blog
- Jeff Bezos says Amazon will “keep investing” in India as rivals raise new war chests, TechCrunch
- LinkedIn’s head of China is leaving the company, TechCrunch
- Mark Zuckerberg just sold $42.5 million of Facebook stock, Quartz
- Twitter Head of Sport, Australia Jonno Simpson Makes an Unscriptd Departure, Adweek
- What Amazon taught us this week: Data-centric companies will devour competitors, VentureBeat
Copywriting, Design & Usability
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- Facebook Is Launching A Standalone App Exclusively For Video Creators, Tubefilter
- 199: A COOL TOOL To Create Professional Facebook Live Videos, ProBlogger
- Apple’s AR is closer to reality than Google’s, The Verge
- Facebook reminds you Messenger video chat exists with new effects, Engadget
- Facebook video ad viewability rates are as low as 20 percent, agencies say, Digiday
- Periscope to Solve Issues Raised By Broadcasters, MarTech Advisor
- Study: Facebook Live, YouTube Live are neck and neck, Mobile Marketer
- Uptime, YouTube’s experimental app for watching videos with friends, opens to all, TechCrunch
- Vimeo Scraps Plans to Create Netflix-Like Service, AdAge
Go to Source
Author: Amy Gesenhues