Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Check out my BIG SMX East Preview. Then register & save!
Aug 15, 2016 by Chris Sherman
Search Engine Land’s SMX East is every SEO and SEM’s dream: a tactic-packed agenda, more than 100 dynamic and authoritative speakers, keynotes, exceptional networking, and more. If you’re involved in SEO, SEM, PR, social media or any other customer-facing activity, you owe it to yourself (and your company or client’s bottom line) to attend.
- [WATCH] Marketing Land Live #24: Twitter’s abuse problem, Facebook News Feed changes & more
Aug 15, 2016 by Matt McGee
In this week’s show, our panel talks about Twitter’s ongoing harassment issues, Facebook’s ongoing News Feed tweaks and more.
- Using popular culture to drive local positioning
Aug 15, 2016 by Lydia Jorden
Local search columnist Lydia Jorden delves into how businesses can utilize hot trends in news and popular culture — like Pokémon Go — to drive SERP positioning and a presence in the local digital ecosystem.
- Microsoft, Salesforce among first certified companies under US-EU Privacy Shield
Aug 15, 2016 by Greg Sterling
More than 200 applications pending from US companies.
- Keyword-driven ASO: a quick primer
Aug 15, 2016 by Craig Weinberg
Is app discovery a key part of your mobile marketing plan? Columnist Craig Weinberg discusses the ins and outs of selecting the right keywords for app store optimization.
- Why every digital advertiser should demand transparency
Aug 15, 2016 by Ratko Vidakovic
What does transparency mean for marketers? Columnist Ratko Vidakovic outlines the various forms of transparency and explains why marketers need to demand it from their partners.
- Designing dashboards people will actually use
Aug 15, 2016 by Nick Iyengar
Columnist Nick Iyengar discusses three common issues with dashboarding projects and how to find a data visualization solution that satisfies all the stakeholders within an organization
- Twitter turns stickers into ads for brands but won’t say how it’s charging for them
Aug 15, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Promoted Stickers marks Twitter’s latest attempt — and the latest example of a trend — to inject brands not only into people’s content feeds but into the actual content.
- Blab shuts down its live video platform
Aug 14, 2016 by Matt McGee
Co-founder announces shut down of Blab’s website and app with no warning to users, although signs indicated the move was coming.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
Copywriting, Design & Usability
General Internet Marketing
- 6 Steps to Creating a Successful Cause Marketing Campaign, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Digital Marketing Terms You Should Know, authoritylabs.com
- How to Use Archetypes to Create Deeper Customer Connections, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How to Use Qualitative Research to Expand on Your Marketing Personas, blog.kissmetrics.com
- IOC Advertisers Underwhelm with Digital Efforts in Early Goings of Olympics, www.merkleinc.com
- Marketing Mix Modeling vs. Attribution: Which One Is Right for Your Business?, www.marketingprofs.com
- Performance pricing fails to catch on in influencer marketing, digiday.com
- Personalization May be a Tough Nut, But it is Not Impossible to Crack, www.martechadvisor.com
- Where Are the CMOs (Chief Media Officers)?, adage.com
- With N.F.L. Deal, Twitter Live-Streams Its Ambitions, New York Times
- 10 Recent Changes Impacting Facebook Advertisers, www.jonloomer.com
- 25 Words to Drive More Engagement with Your Social Media, www.jeffbullas.com
- 5 Reasons Why Instagram Will Kill Snapchat, www.adweek.com
- 5 ways to use Facebook ads to promote your brand and products, www.internetretailer.com
- 6 Facebook Advertising Tips You Need in Your Life, authoritylabs.com
- 6 Tools That Will Help You Develop a Unified Visual Brand in Your Social Media Images, blog.crazyegg.com
- After redesigning Discover, Snapchat finds viewers grow but engagement drops, digiday.com
- Elvis Presley Lens Launches on Snapchat, www.adweek.com
- Facebook rolls out code to nullify Adblock Plus’ workaround again, TechCrunch
- How (and why) to set up Facebook’s new Custom Conversions, 3qdigital.com
- How to Advertise on LinkedIn Successfully, authoritylabs.com
- How to Target Your Customers With Social Ads, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Influencers: Instagram Is the Most Engaging Platform, www.adweek.com
- Publishers Flock to New Instagram Stories, www.wsj.com
- Rio 2016 Week 1: The Biggest Moments on Facebook and Instagram, media.fb.com
- Social Sharing: An Analysis of the 1 Million Most Shared Articles on Social Media, www.marketingprofs.com
- The Top Dos and Don’ts in Effective Social Media Management, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Tracker: Ingesting MySQL data at scale – Part 1, engineering.pinterest.com
- Tweet Productively: Tools to Break Long Text into Tweets Easily, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- Why Facebook Is Blocking Ad Blockers, www.emarketer.com
- Why LinkedIn should kill the resume and replace it with the experience graph, techcrunch.com
- You don’t need a Google+ profile to post reviews on Play Store anymore, techcrunch.com
Go to Source
Author: Amy Gesenhues