Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Facebook removes agencies from Marketing Partners program with badge elimination
Nov 21, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook is eliminating its Marketing Partners program’s media buying specialty, which will remove all agencies from the program.
- Why media buying and advertising is ripe for artificial intelligence
Nov 21, 2016 by Carl Erik Kjærsgaard
Columnist Carl Erik Kjærsgaard explains how AI can play a role in marketers’ media-buying plans, freeing them to focus on strategy and creative.
- Why Google might not be able to stop “fake news”
Nov 21, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
Google says it wants to prevent fake news from spreading, but the search giant has serious challenges in actually curbing it.
- Social is the future of customer service
Nov 21, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
You’re responding to your customers on social. You have agents who are tasked with answering tweets and comments and routing questions to the appropriate channels. You know that digital and social are the future of customer service. The question is, how do you get there? In this guide from Lithium, you’ll learn: the value of […]
- Why SMBs should spend more of their budget on online marketing in 2017
Nov 21, 2016 by Will Scott
With deadlines for 2017 budgets just around the corner, columnist Will Scott discusses why local businesses should be allocating more of their dollars to digital marketing.
- Instagram’s latest updates feature Live video and disappearing media
Nov 21, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Instagram is launching ephemeral video and live feeds to all its users.
- Location-based marketing: Where is it today, and where is it headed?
Nov 21, 2016 by Aaron Strout
Columnist Aaron Strout takes a close look at the current state of location-based marketing and predicts what we can expect to see going forward.
- AdQuick launches first platform for online-only booking of billboard ads
Nov 21, 2016 by Barry Levine
The new platform also offers the first analytics for out-of-home ads and can directly transmit ad content to digital billboards.
- iQ Media’s new platform can automatically find logos in all TV transmissions
Nov 21, 2016 by Barry Levine
Philadelphia-based company says it now offers the first machine-only ability to find brands’ or competitors’ logos across the sea of TV.
- The shifting social landscape of Black Friday
Nov 21, 2016 by Chris Kerns
What should retailers expect for this year’s Black Friday? Columnist Chris Kerns dives into the social data to uncover trends that will help marketers plan ahead.
- Facebook may start flagging fake news posts, says Mark Zuckerberg
Nov 20, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook CEO outlines steps the social network is exploring to reduce the spread of fake news on its platform.
- Famous.co bridges the divide between apps and mobile web with ‘Instant Apps’
Nov 18, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Instant Apps provides a solution to the problem of delivering better experiences on the mobile web without an app download.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
Copywriting, Design & Usability
Display & Contextual Advertising
Internet Marketing Industry
Go to Source
Author: Barry Schwartz