Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Google My Business website builder SEO review
Jun 28, 2017 by Tony Edward
Google recently released a website builder product for local businesses. Columnist Tony Edward dives in to see how it works and whether it’s worth your time.
- The SEO benefits of developing a solid site structure
Jun 28, 2017 by Ryan Shelley
Columnist Ryan Shelley explains why a good site structure can be highly beneficial for your search engine optimization efforts — and your users.
- An intervention on marketing’s dysfunctional relationship with data
Jun 28, 2017 by Joshua Reynolds
If it feels like you have a dysfunctional relationship with data, you’re not alone. Columnist Joshua Reynolds discusses the data challenges marketers face and offers a step-by-step “relationship tune-up” guide.
- [FIRST LOOK] MarTech agenda is live!
Jun 28, 2017 by Scott Brinker
I’m excited to share the MarTech agenda, featuring more than 30 sessions and presentations from 40 marketing leaders. If you’re passionate about marketing, technology and management practices that deliver business results, then you won’t want to miss this event, October 2-4 in Boston.
- Facebook’s Messenger officially debuts Discover tab to highlight chatbots, businesses
Jun 28, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Messenger’s Discover tab will not include ads but will list businesses and bots a person recently messaged and feature others by popularity and category.
- How to generate B2B leads with LinkedIn’s Sponsored InMail
Jun 28, 2017 by Garrett Mehrguth
If you haven’t been taking advantage of Sponsored InMail, it may be time to hop onboard. Columnist Garrett Mehrguth dives into the ways it can benefit your B2B organization and drive leads.
- SugarCRM launches first product to help provide a ‘full view of customer’
Jun 28, 2017 by Barry Levine
Called Hint, it automatically finds additional data for CRM contacts and is the initial offering in a new Relationship Intelligence line.
- Singular merges with Apsalar to form ‘unified analytics platform’ for mobile
Jun 28, 2017 by Barry Levine
The merger adds Singular’s media and marketing analytics to Apsalar’s attribution and segmenting.
- 10 questions to ask when considering marketing automation software
Jun 27, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
You’ve decided to implement a marketing automation platform…great! This white paper from Sharp Spring details 10 things your agency should seriously consider before signing on the dotted line. Learn about 10 key questions to ask vendors, such as: Do they require long-term contracts or upfront fees?
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
Copywriting, Design & Usability
General Internet Marketing
- ‘There’s nothing to be ashamed about’: How publishers approach buying traffic through Facebook, Digiday
- 4 LinkedIn Mini Case Studies, Social Media Examiner
- Changes to the Conversation endpoints in Graph API, Facebook for Developers
- Facebook B2B Targeting: Company Size Is Not Reliable, Clix Marketing PPC Blog
- Facebook Will Soon Let Brands Target Ads at Entire Families or Specific People Within Households, Adweek
- For small publishers, Facebook is often a force for good – and frustration, Digiday
- Snapchat falls farther behind Instagram with fashion brands, Digiday
- Snapchat now lets you create custom geofilters right in the app, TechCrunch
- Social Media Influencers for Marketing: Where to Find Them & What to Look For, MarketingProfs
- What to Pin to Pinterest in July, Tailwind Blog
Go to Source
Author: Amy Gesenhues