Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Facebook is killing people, posting erroneous “Memorialized Accounts” messages
Nov 11, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
Facebook may be telling you you’re dead today. It appears to be a bug that’s hitting many accounts, one that we’ve seen first hand. Below is an example of what I saw when I went to Facebook just a few minutes ago.
- Report: Most users will need multiple exposures to an app before they download
Nov 11, 2016 by Greg Sterling
The TUNE study was based on a mix of smartphone owner survey and app download data.
- Adobe turbocharges its multi-platform video ad capability with TubeMogul purchase
Nov 11, 2016 by Barry Levine
The announcement gives the Adobe Marketing Cloud buy-side video ad management across linear TV as well as desktop and mobile.
- A step-by-step guide to developing your 2017 digital marketing strategy
Nov 11, 2016 by Amy Bishop
It’s time to start thinking about your annual marketing plan. Columnist Amy Bishop presents her framework to develop a bulletproof strategy.
- Survey: 30% of Prime members order from Amazon every week
Nov 11, 2016 by Matt McGee
And even when they’re shopping on other sites, 70% of Prime members check Amazon’s prices before buying elsewhere.
- A standout content example: Budweiser and the Cubs
Nov 11, 2016 by Rachel Lindteigen
Columnist Rachel Lindteigen says content marketers should take a page from Budweiser’s recent World Series ad honoring legendary Cubs announcer Harry Caray.
- [Podcast] Marketing Land Live #35: What is OTT TV? with guests from Adobe & Tru Optik
Nov 11, 2016 by Matt McGee
In this week’s episode, we visit with Andre Swanston, co-founder and CEO of Tru Optik, and Campbell Foster, Director of Product Marketing at Adobe, to discuss what marketers need to know about OTT video.
- Facebook puts some limits on controversial, quasi-racial ad targeting option
Nov 11, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook will reject housing-, employment- and credit-related ads from being targeted based on people’s “ethnic affinities.”
- What it’s like to use Snap Inc.’s Google Glass-like Spectacles
Nov 10, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Hands on with Snap Inc.’s video-recording sunglasses.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 3 Essentials to Leverage Location on Mobile, 3qdigital.com
- Best way to get ahead on Black Friday is mobile, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Dissecting the Most Profitable iMessage Apps, blog.appfigures.com
- Facebook Messenger chief says platform’s 34,000 chatbots are finally improving user experience, venturebeat.com
- How To Set Up Adjusted Bounce Rate on Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP), www.gsqi.com
- Mobile Web Push Hastens A World Where Apps Look Like The Web And The Web Looks Like Apps, adexchanger.com
- This Small Business Saturday, It’s All About Location, www.cmswire.com
- Valuing mobile marketing in an age of ad blocking, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Why app videos are critical for getting more installs, www.tune.com
Go to Source
Author: Amy Gesenhues