Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- It’s not too late to maximize your Google Shopping in time for the holidays
Oct 31, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Whether you’re a beginner or a paid search pro, it’s not too late to improve your Google Shopping campaigns in time for the holidays. Join us for this November 10 webcast and learn how to optimize for search success with Google Shopping ads. Our expert panel will discuss: how to create “quick wins” in your […]
- Micro-moments and beyond: Understanding and optimizing for consumer intent
Oct 31, 2016 by Thomas Stern
Want to reach search engine users in their moments of need? Columnist Thomas Stern explains his process for mapping keywords and content to the customer’s path to purchase.
- The SEO power of portfolio entries, case studies & testimonials
Oct 31, 2016 by Marcus Miller
Content marketing is great, but traditional content marketing approaches may not be applicable to small local businesses. Columnist Marcus Miller explains how small businesses can use portfolio content to capture targeted, relevant search traffic.
- Report: 93 percent of brands and retailers misaligned, harming omnichannel efforts
Oct 31, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Brands are spending to drive offline sales, but not partnering with retailers or measuring the in-store impact of digital.
- Snaplytics launches Snapchat analytics
Oct 31, 2016 by Barry Levine
Copenhagen-based company is now providing what it says is the only SaaS service for brand monitoring of Snapchat.
- Here’s why bloggers give up (and how you can stay on track)
Oct 31, 2016 by Timothy Carter
Blogging is hard, but don’t throw in the towel just yet! Contributor Timothy Carter discusses four reasons people quit blogging and how you can overcome them and stay the course.
- What Snapchat’s Discover ad sales shift may mean for marketers
Oct 31, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Snapchat’s move to take full control over Discover ad sales would consolidate ad buying and could commoditize ad inventory.
- Strategies to maximize retail marketing efforts BEFORE holiday sales events
Oct 31, 2016 by James Green
The holidays are just around the corner, and columnist James Green has tips for maximizing the time before the shopping craze begins to ensure the success of your seasonal sales.
- The FCC passed ‘sweeping’ new privacy protections for consumers — or did it?
Oct 31, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Will “opt-in consent” be buried in lengthy terms and conditions? Stay tuned.
- Facebook’s racial targeting isn’t new, bad or always illegal despite renewed attention
Oct 28, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
“Ethnic Affinity” targeting has been offered for nearly two years, has real benefits and is legal for many types of ads.
- LinkedIn earnings up 23% YoY in Q3 2016 with revenue at $960M
Oct 28, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
LinkedIn’s Talent Solutions were the largest driver of revenue for the site, generating $623 million.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
Display & Contextual Advertising
General Internet Marketing
Go to Source
Author: Barry Schwartz