Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Five marketing automation myths busted!
Nov 18, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
A study by Forrester Consulting found that just 10% of marketing professionals surveyed feel they are able to fully execute mature marketing automation strategies.
- European survey finds 70 percent of Android owners want pre-installed apps
Nov 18, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Data also show that the majority of Android users customize their home screens.
- Why SEO should always complement your content marketing
Nov 18, 2016 by Trond Lyngbø
Columnist Trond Lyngbø explains how the synergy between content marketing and search engine optimization (SEO) can produce web pages that will best serve your customers.
- Thirteen things marketers want to know about expanded text ads, direct from Google
Nov 18, 2016 by Matt Lawson
AdWords released expanded text ads in late July. Columnist and Googler Matt Lawson answers some FAQs about what you should consider as you expand your own ads.
- Facebook shuts down Atlas ad server because it doesn’t serve ad sales
Nov 18, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook is shutting down the part of Atlas that didn’t have a direct impact on ad sales but keeping the part that does.
- 11 proven digital marketing strategies you’re (still) not using
Nov 18, 2016 by Stoney deGeyter
From content marketing to SEO and conversion optimization, contributor Stoney deGeyter lays out key strategies that you can’t afford to overlook.
- Black Friday and beyond: Mobile strategies that keep on giving
Nov 18, 2016 by Allan Haims
As we head into the busy holiday shopping season, columnist Allan Haims discusses ways brick-and-mortar retailers can use mobile to impact their bottom line.
- Zapier launches Digest, so its apps can send their messages where you want
Nov 18, 2016 by Barry Levine
With Digest, messaging and alerts from all those apps become just more outputs that Zapier manages.
- A CMO’s View: How Intel’s head of creative is building the brand through its in-house agency
Nov 18, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
For more than a year now, Teresa Herd has been putting together Intel’s Agency Inside to drive greater quality and better brand alignment.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- ‘A petri dish of bullshit’: Confessions of ex-Facebook news curators, digiday.com
- 5 Tips to Master Your Brand’s Customer Service on Twitter, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- Add Links and Mentions to Your Instagram Stories, www.newswhip.com
- American Beauty: Tapping Into This Lucrative Audience, blog.business.instagram.com
- Facebook is boosting its advertising teams in Africa, qz.com
- How Top Social Media Experts Reach Their Audiences, www.newswhip.com
- Snap Inc.: One More Walled Garden, But Endless Opportunities for Brands, www.adweek.com
- Snapchat now lets you add Bitmojis to on-demand geofilters, venturebeat.com
- Snapchat Skews Young and Female in the UK, www.emarketer.com
- The Evolution of Facebook Remarketing, www.jonloomer.com
- Twitter Is The Most Used Social Share Button, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Using Social Media to Bring Your Customer Service and Marketing Teams Together, multichannelmerchant.com
- What WeChat Teaches About the Future of Social Commerce, adage.com
Go to Source
Author: Amy Gesenhues