Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Google AdSense publishers get more control over the ads that can show on their sites
Feb 7, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
The ability to opt out of more ad categories is now available to all AdSense publishers.
- 2016 was a coming-of-age year for Baidu SEO; why you should invest in 2017
Feb 7, 2017 by Hermes Ma
Marketers have long considered organic search a lost cause on Baidu due to the abundance of ads, but new laws in China are changing the game. Contributor Hermes Ma discusses the state of Baidu SEO and provides recommendations for marketers looking to break into the market.
- An introduction to streaming analytics for marketing and customer engagement
Feb 7, 2017 by Paul Stanton
Contributor Paul Stanton explains streaming data analytics, a new big data strategy that’s gaining traction among marketers.
- [Webinar] 5 Disruptions Reshaping Marketing As We Know It
Feb 7, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Most marketers still look at digital as a marketing channel. But digital is no longer just a website or mobile app. Nearly everything in the world is becoming connected and acquiring digital properties.
- Twitter’s safety updates address user bans, abuse and safe search
Feb 7, 2017 by Tamar Weinberg
Twitter’s latest updates address the harassment concerns that have plagued users on the network over the past several years.
- YouTube creators with 10K subscribers get live streaming & monetized ‘Super Chat’ feature
Feb 7, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
The new “Super Chat” tool lets viewers pay to have their messages highlighted and pinned to the top of the chat window.
- 3 ways CMOs can win the hearts of customers — and CEOs
Feb 7, 2017 by Mike Sands
Columnist Mike Sands says that if CMOs want to thrive in the year ahead, they’ll need to lead the charge in building customer obsession across the enterprise.
- MarTech Landscape: What is influencer marketing?
Feb 7, 2017 by Barry Levine
Social networks have created a huge platform for broadcasting enthusiasms, whether by your neighbor or a celebrity you follow.
- LiveRamp adds third-party data to its cross-channel identity service
Feb 7, 2017 by Barry Levine
The data onboarding service is releasing different versions of its IdentityLink, this time for third-party data owners.
- Instagram’s web footprint surpassed Twitter’s in 2016
Feb 7, 2017 by Tim Peterson
The number of sites featuring Instagram posts or widgets has overtaken Twitter’s count, according to an analysis of 1 million sites by SimilarTech.
- Not all agencies are created equal
Feb 7, 2017 by David Rodnitzky
How do you find the right digital marketing agency? Columnist David Rodnitzky says it starts with asking the right questions.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
Copywriting, Design & Usability
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- Facebook Marketing Guide, Crazy Egg
- How B2B Marketers Are Finding Value in Social Media, KoMarketing
- How Do You Create Social Media Momentum?, Compukol
- How to Improve Your Pinterest Visibility and Engagement, Social Media Examiner
- How To Make The Most Of Emojis On Instagram, Internet Marketing Ninjas
- Is Snapchat Dying? Our Analysis Points To Yes (Sort of), MediaKix
- New eMarketer Estimates Show Huge Snapchat User Growth in UK, eMarketer
- Snap’s Ad Sales Face Automation Test, Wall Street Journal
- The Evolution of Snapchat: From Teen Novelty to Enterprise Tool, CMS Wire
- The Rise of Social Media in Super Bowl Advertising, The AdStage Blog
- Where and How to Allocate Social Media Ad Spend, MarketingProfs
- Why Snapchat is Becoming Essential for Your Small Business, Jeff Bullas
- Why Snapchat Is the New TV, Wall Street Journal
- The Extra Mile: 4 Resolutions for Australian Marketers From the Top YouTube Ads in 2016, Think with Google
- VR and marketing: Is virtual reality the next big thing?, Tune
- What Counts As a Video View on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat?, Buffer Blog
- What Will the NBA, NFL, NHL, and MLB Do Now That Vine Has Gone?, Tubular Insights
Go to Source
Author: Amy Gesenhues