Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Placed entices users to share location with frequent flyer miles
Aug 19, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Company provides a clear value exchange to consumers for their location data.
- Next stop in Salesforce’s evolution: Becoming the platform for customer experience
Aug 19, 2016 by Barry Levine
A Salesforce exec points out how the Demandware acquisition and all those clouds can fit together.
- Getting to the bottom of Google expanded text ad CTR and CPC
Aug 19, 2016 by Andy Taylor
Google has rolled out expanded text ads to all advertisers, so how does this new ad format compare to standard text ads? Columnist Andy Taylor shares some data from a recent Merkle study.
- Sprinklr CMO says always being a student & having passion is good, but focus is key
Aug 19, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Get to Know: Tom Butta, CMO for Sprinklr, a cloud-based SMMS platform
- SEO and voice search-proof your shopping campaigns this holiday season to win the omni-channel shopper
Aug 19, 2016 by Purna Virji
How can you make your shopping ads stand out this holiday season? Columnist Purna Virji suggests some ways to optimize your campaigns for the valuable omni-channel shopper.
- Paid search management software: Is it right for your business?
Aug 19, 2016 by Jacob Baadsgaard
Considering automated solutions for your paid search accounts? Columnist Jacob Baadsgaard lists the six questions you should ask yourself when deciding whether to invest in paid search management software.
- How to solve the event marketing data problem
Aug 19, 2016 by Scott Vaughan
From trade shows to meetups, it’s tricky to manage and process the data from events. Columnist Scott Vaughan explains how to take control of your event data to get maximum ROI.
- 5 ways digital marketers can make healthier impressions
Aug 19, 2016 by Lewis Gersh
Digital marketers spend billions on advertising, but many of those ads actually harm brands by inflicting a negative experience on the consumer. Columnist Lewis Gersh offers a formula for healthier impressions.
- Content audit 101: a step-by-step guide
Aug 19, 2016 by Rachel Lindteigen
If you want a top-notch content marketing program, you need to know what assets you have and how they’re performing. Columnist Rachel Lindteigen walks you through the ins and outs of conducting a content audit.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- 30+ Tools for Better Content Marketing, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- A 5-Step Plan to Use Influencer Marketing for Content Promotion, www.wordstream.com
- How to Hire Superstar Content Marketers, contently.com
- How to Make Content a Priority Across Every Stage of the Customer Journey, multichannelmerchant.com
- How To Publish More Content Faster With A Content Creation Process (And Limited Resources), www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Selling With Story: How to Make Your Customer the Hero, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Study: 68% of Publishers Use Editorial Staff to Create Native Ads, contently.com
- The Art of the Perfect Listicle, www.blogherald.com
- What is a Content Marketing Strategy, Anyway?, www.kingcontent.com.au
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 4 Principles for Reaching the Global Consumer, multichannelmerchant.com
- Amazon now lets you rent its virtual desktops, Amazon WorkSpaces, by the hour, techcrunch.com
- Amazon’s move Into private-label consumables: lessons for brands, www.internetretailer.com
- Building Powerful Product Titles For Ecommerce, www.ppchero.com
- eBay Seller Hub Now Allows All U.S. Sellers to Manage Inventory on Single Dashboard, smallbiztrends.com
- Holiday Insights for Campaign Planning: Webcast, advertise.bingads.microsoft.com
- How customer feedback can supercharge your product page, www.usertesting.com
- How to Turn Abandoned Shopping Carts to Online Sales, www.cmswire.com
- Online retailers are battling it out in the quest for perfect fit, digiday.com
- Shoppable and User-Generated Content: Maximizing Retail Technologies, multichannelmerchant.com
General Internet Marketing
- 4 Mistakes Marketers Make With Mobile Facebook Ads, www.adweek.com
- Apple just dropped iOS 10 beta 7 for developers and public testers, techcrunch.com
- Are Android Instant Apps Friend Or Foe For Publishers?, adexchanger.com
- Consumers Prefer SMS for Loyalty Program Updates, www.emarketer.com
- DMA’s Cross-Device ID Program Delivers Solutions For Your Cross-Device Marketing Challenges, thedma.org
- How the 5G Revolution Will Transform Marketing, contently.com
- How to fix the most common AMP error in WordPress, raventools.com
- How to Handle Mobile “Moneyball Syndrome” & Cross-Device Attribution, conversionxl.com
- Immutable models and data consistency in our iOS App, engineering.pinterest.com
- Is your location data actionable?, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Location-Based Tools Level the Online-Offline Playing Field, www.cmswire.com
- Marketers leave text messaging untapped, www.internetretailer.com
- Mobile Web vs. Apps vs. Native SMS: Tips for Mobile Engagement Success, www.marketingprofs.com
- Mobile Web’s pervasiveness demands innovation to bring products alive, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Sizing Up the Smartphone Giants as Samsung Reaches a New High, www.emarketer.com
- 10 Brands on Snapchat, for Innovative Marketing, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Facebook Custom Audiences Now Match 14 Data Points, www.aimclearblog.com
- How to Innovate Your Instagram Marketing, smallbiztrends.com
- Part 1 of our 2016 Transparency Report, blog.pinterest.com
- Plan the Ultimate Pinterest & Instagram Visual Marketing Strategy, blog.tailwindapp.com
- Social Media Ad Spending Skyrocketing in China, www.emarketer.com
- The Biggest Facebook Publisher of July 2016, www.newswhip.com
- The Inevitable Shift of Snapchat Demographics, contently.com
- Why Ad Blockers Make Facebook Even More Powerful, contently.com
- Why Top Publishers and Brands Are Creating Dozens of New Facebook Pages, contently.com
- Why Use Dynamic and Social Media Advertising in Tandem?, www.adweek.com
Go to Source
Author: Amy Gesenhues