Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Don’t miss MarTech Europe next week. Hope to see you there!
Oct 24, 2016 by Scott Brinker
I’m sure you’ve seen that MarTech Europe is next week, 1–2 November, in London. I wanted to reach out one last time to invite you to join us and remind you of the great things to look forward to at MarTech Europe.
- Survey: Almost 40% of US consumers will make a mobile purchase during holidays
Oct 24, 2016 by Matt McGee
Research from Fluent also reinforces the fact that most retail research happens digitally, but most purchases happen offline.
- How to dominate local SEO: more challenging in an evolving local search environment
Oct 24, 2016 by Sherry Bonelli
Columnist Sherry Bonelli explains how recent changes to the local search landscape point to an ever-changing discipline that requires increasingly complex strategies.
- Is your location data being held hostage?
Oct 24, 2016 by Adam Dorfman
Columnist Adam Dorfman makes the case for using the power of data amplifiers to ensure your business location data is correct and consistent across the web.
- The eerie future of AdWords targeting
Oct 24, 2016 by Todd Saunders
As Google continues to purchase new companies and their technologies, columnist Todd Saunders imagines how the search giant might integrate advertising into these technologies — for good or evil.
- [Podcast] Marketing Land Live #32: MarTech Today launches, a conversation with Salesforce’s Leslie Fine & more
Oct 24, 2016 by Matt McGee
In this week’s podcast, we talk about intelligent agents, AI and more with Salesforce’s Leslie Fine, and also discuss the launch of our new website, MarTech Today.
- IBM’s Weather Company employs Watson to boost its updated ad targeting platform
Oct 24, 2016 by Barry Levine
Watson interprets the company’s massive first-party data from its app users, plus powers intelligent Watson Ads, to better understand behavioral patterns.
- October surprise: When brands enter the political discussion
Oct 24, 2016 by Chris Kerns
Where do you draw the line when mixing marketing and current events? Columnist Chris Kerns takes a look at the ways in which brands are entering the current social political chatter.
- Organizing for simplicity: An inside look at Humana’s digital transformation
Oct 24, 2016 by Nadine Dietz & Erica Seidel
Humana Digital Enterprise Vice President Jeff Reid shares the organizational transformation that supported a doubling of a key NPS metric in a Q&A with contributors Nadine Dietz and Erica Seidel
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
Copywriting, Design & Usability
Display & Contextual Advertising
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- 3 Twitter Geolocation Ideas to Improve Your Local Marketing, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Five Stats Which Prove Marketers Are Struggling With Cross-Device Identification – And How They’re Working to Solve It, thedma.org
- How Much Does it Cost to Create an App?, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How to market your app throughout its lifecycle, www.tune.com
- How travel brands are capturing millennial interest on mobile, econsultancy.com
- Mobile Optimization Is Even More Essential, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- Pardon the Interruption… Why Opt-In Advertising Is the Future of Mobile, www.martechadvisor.com
- PayPal payments and notifications are coming to Facebook Messenger, venturebeat.com
- SMS is not email, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- The Importance of Location in Today’s Innovation Dialogue, streetfightmag.com
- Worried about Privacy and Hackers? Hereâï¿½ï¿½s the Best Alternative to WhatsApp, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- 10 Facebook Business Page Tips that Will Keep You From Screwing Up Your Marketing Efforts, smallbiztrends.com
- 10 Super Savvy Social Media Strategies for 2017, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- 3 ways to leverage Instagram’s new Stories feature, 3qdigital.com
- 5 Ways B2B Marketers Use Facebook, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 5 Ways to Leverage Consumer-Led Social Media This Holiday Season, www.adweek.com
- 7 Ways to Easily Increase Your Reach on Facebook, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Are Fortune 500 and Inc. 500 Companies Using Instagram?, www.marketingprofs.com
- Can Marketers Really Generate Sales on Social Media?, www.toprankblog.com
- Facebook expands Safety Center to 50 languages, doubles down on bullies with 60 partners, techcrunch.com
- Pinterest Site Verification: Easy Step-by-Step Guide, blog.tailwindapp.com
- Thanks to Twitter, Writers Are More Influential Than Publishers, contently.com
- The Value of Paid Social, www.adweek.com
- Why Would Snapchat Borrow Cable TV’s Business Model?, adexchanger.com
Go to Source
Author: Amy Gesenhues