Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Initial Interest Confusion rears its ugly head once more in trademark infringement case
May 30, 2017 by Chris Silver Smith
Columnist Chris Silver Smith details recent trademark infringement cases in which site search results pages caused legal issues for retailer sites. E-commerce businesses should take notice!
- Martech vendor investment forecast: Sunny with just a few ‘clouds’
May 30, 2017 by Scott Vaughan
Columnist Scott Vaughan recaps a panel from the recent MarTech Conference in San Francisco that focused on investing in the future of marketing technology.
- Stop calling ‘ad tech’ advertising
May 30, 2017 by Daniel Meehan
Advertisers are investing heavily in ad tech, but contributor Daniel Meehan points out that even highly targeted advertising using the latest algorithms and audience data won’t accomplish anything if the advertising format, message and creative are not engaging.
- Top 10 agency must-haves for marketing automation
May 30, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
You’ve decided to implement a marketing automation platform…great! This white paper from SharpSpring details 10 things your agency should seriously consider before signing on the dotted line. Learn about 10 key questions to ask vendors, such as: Do they require long-term contracts or upfront fees? Are there limits on or extra charges for customer support?
- For emerging ad exchange NYIAX, it’s back to the future
May 30, 2017 by Barry Levine
Now in a pilot, NYIAX adapts Nasdaq tech, future ad contracts and blockchain to power a new approach for buying and selling digital ads.
- PlaceIQ making location intelligence more accessible with new ‘LandMark’ tool
May 30, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Not just for ad targeting; the company sees an array of uses, including benchmarking, customer-journey anaytics and media planning.
- The calm before the storm: Why media channels die quickly
May 30, 2017 by David Rodnitzky
Columnist David Rodnitzky takes a look at the decline of newspaper ad revenue and the current state of TV and asks what it means for the future of digital advertising.
- 3 reasons why customer identity should top retailers’ 2017 holiday wish lists
May 30, 2017 by Mike Sands
Retailers, are you prepared for the holiday season? Columnist Mike Sands notes that this year, customer identity will be critical for engaging holiday shoppers with easy, convenient and frictionless experiences.
- Is your creative agency killing your campaign?
May 29, 2017 by Geoff Gurevich
If your campaign is a flop, your ad creative might not be the problem. Instead, it’s time to take a hard look at your agency, says contributor Geoff Gurevich.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- 9 Epic Resources for Students of Brand Storytelling, Social Media Explorer
- How to Create Evergreen Content Perfect for Your Brand, Small Biz Trends
- How to Crush Content Planning and Promotion with One Powerful Tool, ProBlogger
- How to Curate Content in 4 Simple Steps, Constant Contact Blog
- Leveraging Your Content Over and Over Again, Compukol
- Sponsored Influencer Content: What You Need To Know, MediaKix
- The 3 Behaviors Driving the Most Creative Content Marketers, Content Marketing Institute
- The Enduring Power of Content in Marketing, Duct Tape Marketing
- Want a Better Way to Engage Your Audience? Try Data-Driven Micro-Content, Crazy Egg
- Why Marketers Abandon Their Content Strategies Too Soon, Contently
- Your Content Marketing Won’t Work Without This, Copyblogger
Copywriting, Design & Usability
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- ‘It doesn’t negate the negatives:’ Facebook’s Instant Articles update ignores revenue issues, Digiday
- 21 Social Media Management Tips For Winning Social Media Managers, DrumUp Blog
- 6 Critical Social Strategy Mistakes to Avoid, Adweek
- A Facebook Posting Strategy Change That Led to a 330% Increase in Reach and Engagement, The Buffer Blog
- Avoiding 3 Common Mistakes in B2B Social Media Marketing, MarketingSherpa Blog
- Boost Your Traffic From Social Media With These Tips, Authority Labs
- Facebook has a government-size censorship responsibility without the structure to handle it, Quartz
- Is Facebook Rolling Out a Messenger Chat Bot for Page Administrators?, Adweek
- Master LinkedIn’s New Lead Generation Forms in 10 Easy Steps, Top Rank Marketing Blog
- Report: 2017 State of Social Media Marketing, Top Rank Marketing Blog
- Snapchat Gets Outside Help to Strengthen Brand Safety, AdAge
- Twitter adds Direct Message request review feature, TechCrunch
- Twitter to Livestream Five BBC Specials as U.K. General Election Approaches, Adweek
- Understanding Facebook’s Place as a Small Business Marketing Vehicle, Street Fight
- Visual Content and Social Media Marketing, Social Media Examiner
Go to Source
Author: Amy Gesenhues