Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Confirmed: New AdWords interface rolling out to more users
Aug 10, 2016 by Greg Finn
Google has confirmed the rollout of the new user interface to more AdWords users.
- Google injects more context into micro-moments
Aug 10, 2016 by Adam Dorfman
As Google continues to refine its search results to better serve users in their moments of need, columnist Adam Dorfman looks at how recent developments in contextual search may impact brick-and-mortar businesses.
- How to hold onto the fleeting app user
Aug 10, 2016 by Josh Todd
As more and more people abandon apps that don’t engage them, what can mobile marketers do? Columnist Josh Todd discusses how marketers can tap into data to increase retention.
- Personas, polls and personalization: What’s behind the election of our lives?
Aug 10, 2016 by Kevin Lindsay
Columnist Kevin Lindsay discusses the data-driven marketing that’s steering the election and explains why brands and campaigns need to dig deeper and bring people closer to conversion.
- Yelp beats expectations with $173.4 million in Q2, 78 percent revenue retention
Aug 9, 2016 by Greg Sterling
More than 70 percent of searches are from mobile, as are 63 percent of ad clicks.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
Copywriting, Design & Usability
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- 20 Phrases That You Should Be Using In Your Facebook Updates To Boost Engagement, blog.crazyegg.com
- 5 Powerful Social Media Hacks to Ramp Up Your Strategy, www.jeffbullas.com
- Chinese Social Media in 2016: What You Need to Know, adage.com
- Definitive Guide to Social Media Marketing, blog.marketo.com
- Facebook can’t kill clickbait because listicles and annoying headlines are all its fault, qz.com
- Facebook launches Express Wi-Fi, a low-cost wifi service in rural India, qz.com
- How to Balance Creation and Curation in Your Social Strategy, simplymeasured.com
- How to Get Your LinkedIn Ads to Reach More Small Businesses, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How to Set Up a Pinterest Business Account and Start Your First Board, smallbiztrends.com
- If Reported.ly folds, social media will lose an important gatekeeper, Poynter Online
- Publishers, Hedge Your Bets On Facebook And Snapchat, adexchanger.com
- Snapchat Is Allowing More Brands to Run Ads Between Friends’ Stories, www.adweek.com
- Twitter, Facebook User Growth Slowing in the UK, www.emarketer.com
- What Were July’s Hottest Topics on Facebook?, www.adweek.com
- With Instagram’s Algorithm Change, Brands Must Double-Down, www.adweek.com
Go to Source
Author: Amy Gesenhues