Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Setting SEO KPIs for small manufacturing websites
Nov 22, 2016 by Dianna Huff
Columnist Dianna Huff shares her process for helping businesses determine, set up and measure key performance indicators (KPIs) for their SEO campaigns.
- Google gives app marketers more ways to promote their apps with ads
Nov 22, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Automated video ads, new Play inventory and in-app purchase audience modeling are now available.
- 3 next-level Yelp tricks for business owners
Nov 22, 2016 by Brian Patterson
Struggling with Yelp reviews? Columnist Brian Patterson shares his tactics for understanding and improving your review score.
- ON24’s CMO says creativity, patience & never resting on your laurels are key to success
Nov 22, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Get to Know: ON24 CMO Joe Hyland
- The limitations of Facebook’s anti-discrimination policy and others like it
Nov 22, 2016 by Andy Taylor
Facebook recently removed “Ethnic Affinities” targeting on its ad platform, but contributor Andy Taylor notes that this update only addresses the most immediate and obvious ways discrimination based on ethnicity can be perpetrated.
- Nielsen: Mobile targeting is getting better, particularly when targets are narrower
Nov 22, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
In its new benchmarks report, Nielsen finds overall on-target percentage holds relatively steady. Publishers continue to outperform platforms and ad networks.
- Global content marketing: It’s gonna be big!
Nov 22, 2016 by Rebecca Lieb
Taking a content marketing program beyond national or regional boundaries is a complex undertaking. Columnist Rebecca Lieb shares what she’s learned about challenges and best practices as marketers seek to expand upon their successes.
- Social media, the subscription economy and the new face of retail
Nov 22, 2016 by John Donnelly III
Columnist John Donnelly III looks at the effect the rise of subscription box services has had on how consumers shop — and advises how retail marketers should adapt.
- Update: FTC holds Warner Brothers accountable for online influencer deception
Nov 21, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Warner Brothers will suffer penalties if they fail to make disclosures of sponsored content in the future.
- Social Media Marketing 3.0: Best practices for ramping up social ROI
Nov 22, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Social media is now an integral part of marketing — spending on social media is expected to double to 25% of marketing budgets by 2020. Yet, nearly half of digital marketers say they can’t prove the bottom-line impact of social media on their businesses. Join our panel of experts as they show you how to […]
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 17 Quick Tips to Boost Holiday Ecommerce Sales, multichannelmerchant.com
- 3 Amazon Advertising Tools for Retail Marketers, vertical-leap.uk
- Amazon announces new Dash-powered devices that can auto-reorder your coffee, air filters, and more, techcrunch.com
- Black Friday Marketing Campaign Strategies, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Data-driven marketing, customer and product insights that drive sales, www.internetretailer.com
- Forget the Heartstrings, Retailers Are Pushing More Deals, adage.com
- Go Mobile (and Personalized) for 2016 Holiday Retailing Success, www.cmswire.com
- Holiday Shopping Season 2016: Spend Forecast and Gift Trends, www.marketingprofs.com
- How Consumers Will Shop – and What They’ll Buy – This Holiday Season, www.thinkwithgoogle.com
- How to Make Money Selling Hassle-Free Products on Amazon, www.cmswire.com
General Internet Marketing
- 3 Simple Tactics for Using Twitter as a Traction Channel, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 3 Social Media Design Tools That Create Stunning Images, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 50% of millennial and Generation Z shoppers use social media while they shop: report, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- 7 Tips for Running a Successful Social Media Marketing Campaign, Online Marketing Blog
- 7 Tips for Running a Successful Social Media Marketing Campaign, www.toprankblog.com
- 7 Ways to Run Better Social Media Contests in 2017, AdWeek
- Facebook Ends Ethnic Affinity Targeting, www.merkleinc.com
- Facebook extremism and fake news: How Facebook is training us to be conspiracy theorists, qz.com
- Facebook testing feature that shows you where to find free and public Wi-Fi, venturebeat.com
- Facebook’s Drone Crash Prompts Safety Investigation, www.wsj.com
- Get a Competitive Overview of Your Facebook Performance, www.socialbakers.com
- Marketers like what they see in Snapchat Spectacles, digiday.com
- Snapchat’s Spectacles Cause a Scene in New York, adage.com
- Social Influencers Say It’s Really Not Just About the Money, www.emarketer.com
- Twitter Releases Featured Stickers for Thanksgiving, www.adweek.com
Go to Source
Author: Barry Schwartz