Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- 6 top content management systems compared
Aug 3, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
If you are thinking about implementing a content management system, searching for the best CMS resources, or simply want to learn more about why it helps to have one, this white paper from ARKE will give you the answers.
- Report: Nearly three-quarters of native ads get failing scores
Aug 3, 2016 by Barry Levine
New study by the Online Trust Alliance finds that most native ads do not adequately show that they are ads.
- Link prospecting tips and tricks
Aug 3, 2016 by Andrew Dennis
Link building is an art that many, including columnist Andrew Dennis, have learned through trial and error. Today, he shares some of what he’s learned about how to identify and obtain better links.
- Link profile analysis: How to prevent penalties by being proactive
Aug 3, 2016 by Brian Harnish
Columnist Brian Harnish tackles how to analyze links from a Google Webmaster Guidelines perspective, and how to make sure that your client’s linking activities don’t cause them to lose everything they have gained.
- You can’t spell “developer marketing” without A-P-I
Aug 3, 2016 by Josh Aberant
Making technology sales to developers has changed radically over the last few years. Columnist Josh Aberant offers insight on how to succeed in that expanding landscape.
- Five ways marketers can win in mobile-first micro-moments
Aug 3, 2016 by Brian Solis
Everyone wants to achieve mobile success, but how do you go about it? Contributor Brian Solis shares analysis of Google’s advice on how marketers can take advantage of micro-moments.
- Research: Five reasons why 100% viewability isn’t worth the cost (by a long shot)
Aug 3, 2016 by Keith Pieper
Some industry experts may advise advertisers and agencies to “hold out” for 100% viewability on their media buys, but contributor Keith Pieper says it’s not worth it and proposes a different path.
- A Snapchat Story showing the (few) differences with Instagram Stories
Aug 2, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Instagram Stories are a close clone of Snapchat Stories, but there are some differences between the two, like how they handle pre-recorded photos and videos.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
Copywriting, Design & Usability
General Internet Marketing
- 5 Core Components of a Successful ABM Strategy, blog.marketo.com
- Customer.io Announces Actions, Powering Omni-Channel, Customer-Centric Experiences, www.prweb.com
- Great Customer Experience: Part Art, Part Science, Part … Magic?, www.cmswire.com
- How the 80/20 Rule Affects Your Distribution Channels And Why It Matters to You, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Imgur’s Quest To Create Upvoted Ads, adexchanger.com
- The New Reality of B2B Marketing: The Imperative of Online Visibility, www.marketingprofs.com
- The right (and wrong) way to get influencers involved in your marketing plan, venturebeat.com
- What’s the Most Effective Means of Influencer Marketing?, www.emarketer.com
- Why Engaged Communities Trump High Follower Counts, www.convinceandconvert.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- 18 Social Media Tactics Used by the Silicon Valley Unicorns, blog.crazyegg.com
- 5 Steps to Improve your LinkedIn Profile in Minutes, blog.linkedin.com
- Beauty brands jump on Instagram Stories, digiday.com
- Brands Who Failed Hard During #Reddit AMAs – And What We Can Learn, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Creative Ways to Make Facebook Ads Work for Low Budgets, 3qdigital.com
- Facebook Pages Getting Shop, Services Sections, www.adweek.com
- Facebook to let emerging market companies sell through their pages, www.reuters.com
- How People Use Facebook and Instagram in Different Ways, www.marketingprofs.com
- How Snapchat Can Open the Door for Marketers Without “Screwing It Up”, www.adweek.com
- How to 10x Your Instagram Marketing, www.jeffbullas.com
- Optimising your Pinterest for affiliate sales, blog.affiliatewindow.com
- Snapchat Influencers Start Labeling Social Endorsements as Paid Ads, www.adweek.com
- Snapchat may soon roll out scannable ads, qz.com
- Targeting, control, measurement: What agencies want from Facebook’s new TV-like ads, digiday.com
- The Shifting Social Media Landscape: Where Should You Place Your Bets?, thedma.org
- Twitter is the strange new kingmaker of the 21st century, qz.com
- Twitter: Gnip 2.0 APIs Now Generally Available, www.adweek.com
- Why Snapchat Builds a Killer Loyal Audience, www.problogger.net
- 3 Tips for Pinning Video on Pinterest, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 6 DIY Tools Merchants Can Use to Make Video Ads, streetfightmag.com
- Kids now works with YouTube Red, youtube.googleblog.com
- Monetizing VR is like the Wild West — but you can still make money today, venturebeat.com
- Survey: Social Video Gains Ground With Advertisers, But Clients Prefer To Buy Direct, adexchanger.com
- The Live Blog: August 2, 2016, media.fb.com
- Video Marketing Ideas: 9 Ways to Promote Video Content, www.wordstream.com
- Virtual Insanity: How VR Is Taking Over the World, www.koozai.com
- When Will the VR Revolution Come for Marketers?, contently.com
- Will Facebook Live usher in a new era of TV home shopping?, www.internetretailer.com
Go to Source
Author: Amy Gesenhues