Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- 5 steps to optimizing your site for Google’s mobile-first index
Nov 16, 2016 by Ryan Shelley
Now that Google is officially testing a mobile-first index, columnist Ryan Shelley believes it’s well past time to get aboard the mobile-friendly train. Here, he provides some tips to get you started.
- ID graphs: The path to identity resolution
Nov 16, 2016 by Mike Sands
If you’re not familiar with what an identity graph is, it’s time to bone up on the term and add it to your arsenal. Columnist Mike Sands walks you through the ins and outs of ID graphs.
- How user-generated content and customer feedback can strengthen your value proposition
Nov 16, 2016 by Jim Williams
Contributor Jim Williams says it’s time to really listen to your customers’ words and understand the experience they expect you to deliver.
- Registration for MarTech San Francisco is open!
Nov 16, 2016 by Scott Brinker
MarTech San Francisco is back and better than before, with twice the number of sessions, speakers and exhibitors! With 2017 promising to deliver even more change and innovation, you don’t want to miss out on this opportunity to learn first hand how digital business pioneers have navigated their own digital transformation.
- Why link outreach teams have the most difficult job in the agency
Nov 16, 2016 by Ian Bowden
Good outreach is crucial to link building, but it’s not easy. Columnist Ian Bowden explains why it’s a tough, yet essential, element of a strong SEO campaign.
- Proximity and beacon data now making its way into DSPs for retargeting
Nov 16, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Unacast and Juice Mobile deal a leading indicator of where market is going.
- The resurgence of brand marketing in a demand generation world
Nov 16, 2016 by Scott Vaughan
Demand marketing is big in the B2B world right now, but columnist Scott Vaughan believes brand marketing must be core to your marketing effort and suggests a “brand plus demand” approach.
- What’s happening with the cinemagraph?
Nov 16, 2016 by Barry Levine
We checked up on whether this photo+video format is catching on.
- Startup Wizer releases AI-based marketing survey platform
Nov 16, 2016 by Barry Levine
By answering the platform’s questions, a marketer automatically generates an online questionnaire and receives results within 48 hours.
- A different view on viewability
Nov 16, 2016 by Rob Rasko
Columnist Rob Rasko discusses the challenges of viewability as a metric and explains why it may not be the way forward for the industry.
- In major measurement update, Facebook overhauls metrics, makes corrections, adds viewability
Nov 16, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Facebook is also adding more third-party verification and forming a Measurement Council to stay in step with evolving products and metrics.
- Are you getting attribution wrong?
Nov 15, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Nothing is more top-of-mind for marketers than attribution. It’s a complex topic, and there are lots of questions. This guide from AdRoll examines the history of attribution models and dives deep into platform data, third-party research and advertiser survey data.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
Copywriting, Design & Usability
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- 4 Tips to Start Your Black Friday Social Media Strategy, www.searchinfluence.com
- 5 Ways Your Social Media Posts Improve Your SEO, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Accelerating to Success: The Auto Industry on Instagram, blog.business.instagram.com
- Facebook, False Equivalence and the Darker Side of Social Media Revealed, screenwerk.com
- Here’s How Facebook Actually Won Trump the Presidency, Wired
- How to find influencers on Twitter, www.razorsocial.com
- How to Get a Huge Traffic Boost From Pinterest, blog.tailwindapp.com
- What Happens When SMBs Get Social?, streetfightmag.com
- What Is the Difference Between Dark Social and Dark Posts?, simplymeasured.com
Go to Source
Author: Amy Gesenhues