Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Want to start shooting video in-house but still want a professional look? Here’s what to buy
Jun 12, 2017 by Aden Andrus
Shooting your videos in-house can save you a lot of money, but it requires the right gear. Contributor Aden Andur walks you through some affordable options that will meet your needs.
- Brands are facing a whole new world of retail realities
Jun 12, 2017 by James Green
Columnist James Green discusses the trends that are impacting struggling brick-and-mortar retailers and the strategies brands need to implement to survive.
- Baby Come Back! How to Grow Customer Revenue with People-Based Search Marketing
Jun 12, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
It’s time to think beyond the keyword, and tailor your PPC campaigns based on who is actually viewing or clicking your ad. With a people-based approach to your search marketing, you can improve the cross-channel customer experience, optimize PPC campaign performance, and ultimately re-acquire customers and grow CLTV.
- A guide to Snapchat advertising as self-serve tool officially opens
Jun 12, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Everything you need to know about Snapchat’s ad formats, ad targeting options and ad pricing schemes.
- Apple’s Business Chat is a powerful new channel for customer service & inbound sales
Jun 12, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Although it follows efforts by Facebook and Microsoft, it has a number of innovative features the others don’t.
- Pew Report: The Internet of Things could drive people away from connectivity
Jun 12, 2017 by Barry Levine
With Elon University, the Pew Research Center asked 1,200 experts to envision whether the good outweighs the bad for the IoT.
- Do SMB websites matter anymore? YP says yes, introduces new ‘pro’ SEO product
Jun 11, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Company says program resulted in a page one ranking on Google for 70 percent of keywords within a few months.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
Copywriting, Design & Usability
General Internet Marketing
- ‘Facebook is only half in’: Creators doubt Facebook’s commitment to original programming, Digiday
- Facebook and Instagram Increase Ad Offerings, Ignite Visibility
- Facebook Building Feature to Let Users Subscribe to News Publications, Wall Street Journal
- Facebook Paid Social and Organic Reach: Why One Helps the Other, Stone Temple
- How Bots Are Inflating Instagram Egos, New York Times
- How Instagram Combined Art and Commerce With Facebook’s Scale to Become an Advertising Powerhouse, Adweek
- How to Increase Your Instagram Followers & Sales, Search Engine Journal
- Instagram Location Stories and Hashtag Stories: What Marketers Need to Know, Social Media Examiner
- Snap is developing a second version of Spectacles which may include augmented reality, TechCrunch
- Tips For Using Facebook Lookalike Audiences, PPC Hero
Go to Source
Author: Amy Gesenhues