Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Dentsu Aegis acquires Merkle in deal estimated at $1.5 billion
Aug 8, 2016 by Matt McGee
US-based digital agency says it will continue to operate independently.
- Move over, phones. Cars are becoming the new mobile target for marketers.
Aug 8, 2016 by Barry Levine
Step by step, your car is turning into a behaviorally profiled marketing destination.
- Snapchat will air first NBCUniversal show on Discover on August 22
Aug 8, 2016 by Tim Peterson
NBCUniversal will produce original shows to air on Snapchat’s Discover platform and will share ad revenue with Snapchat.
- KPIs for SEO: measuring SEO success
Aug 8, 2016 by Marcus Miller
Wondering what metrics you should use to demonstrate value to your clients? Columnist Marcus Miller shares some of the most useful KPIs in terms of connecting SEO outcomes to business objectives.
- Don’t miss your last chance to save big on MarTech Europe
Aug 8, 2016 by Marketing Land
Don’t miss out on MarTech Europe, THE conference for professionals at the intersection of marketing and IT. Rates go up this Saturday, so register now and save £300 off on-site prices.
- [WATCH] Marketing Land Live #23: Facebook & clickbait, Instagram vs. Snapchat & more
Aug 8, 2016 by Matt McGee
In this week’s show, we discuss details of Facebook’s latest clampdown on clickbait, just how much Instagram copied Snapchat Stories and more.
- The fundamentals of the first email
Aug 8, 2016 by Daniel Faggella
You only get one chance to make a first impression, so you’d better make it count! Columnist Daniel Faggella provides tips for crafting your initial email autoresponder.
- How Verizon’s Yahoo buy will reshape the digital ad marketplace
Aug 8, 2016 by James Green
Verizon’s recent acquisition of Yahoo suggests that it is looking to scale, but is it enough to catapult the company into the league of Facebook and Google? Columnist James Green explores.
- Walmart confirms it is acquiring Jet.com for $3B in cash plus $300M in Walmart shares
Aug 8, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Walmart anticipates the deal will close by the end of 2016.
- Facebook organic reach is down 52% for publishers’ Pages this year
Aug 6, 2016 by Tim Peterson
While on average publishers’ organic reach on Facebook has fallen by 52% in 2016, video and a lower reliance on Facebook has neutralized the pain for some.
- Jack In The Box wins the night and other insights from QSR foot traffic report
Aug 5, 2016 by Greg Sterling
xAd report examines 37 million real-world visits to top QSR brands, including McDonald’s, Chipotle Mexican Grill, Starbucks and Jack In The Box.
- Google adds Street View images and indoor maps to Rio 2016 Olympic venues
Aug 5, 2016 by Greg Sterling
To date, indoor mapping has developed more widely as an enterprise tool than as a consumer experience.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- 9 Ways Tim Cook Has Transformed Apple, www.fastcompany.com
- Apple Buys Machine-Learning Startup Turi, www.wsj.com
- Google buys Orbitera, a platform for cloud marketplaces, for $100M+, TechCrunch
- Google’s self-driving car unit is losing three key execs, www.recode.net
- In India, Apple is losing consumers to high prices and distribution inefficiencies, qz.com
- Facebook snatches up team from Eyegroove, a musical selfie app, techcrunch.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 3 ways retailers can boost online sales, www.internetretailer.com
- 4 Areas to Master When Scaling Your Ecommerce Business, multichannelmerchant.com
- 4 Useful Digital Marketing Tips for Retailers, www.cmswire.com
- Alibaba CTO touts analytics, doesn’t see Amazon as competition, www.retaildive.com
- Amazon Japan reportedly raided on suspected antitrust activity, www.retaildive.com
- An Overall Approach to Resolving User Pain Points Across eCommerce Conversion Funnel, vwo.com
- B2B Ecommerce Market Is Still Maturing, www.emarketer.com
- Meet Jet CEO Marc Lore, E-Commerce’s Pitchman, www.wsj.com
- What is Amazon Launchpad and How Can I Use It for My Startup?, smallbiztrends.com
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- ‘We are not trying to have a billion users’: With hype faded, Foursquare tries reinvention as a data business, digiday.com
- Big Brands and Snapchat: 7 Lessons for Success, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Bringing the World to Rio: How to Experience the Olympic Games on Facebook and Instagram, media.fb.com
- Ello, which bills itself as the ad-free social network, adopts an affiliate marketing model, www.internetretailer.com
- Facebook denies reluctance to give data to German investigators, www.reuters.com
- Facebook plans commercial launch of rural WiFi, economictimes.indiatimes.com
- Five things you should know about Snow (Asia’s Snapchat), econsultancy.com
- Here’s Why LinkedIn Isn’t Worried, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How Can Paywalled Sites Make An Impact On Social Media?, www.newswhip.com
- How Glamour grew its social following by 500,000 in six months, digiday.com
- How to Create Instagram Stories, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- LEGO’s Secrets to a Successful Social Media Strategy, www.socialbakers.com
- Snapchat’s 7 Brand Partners for the Summer Olympics, www.adweek.com
- Snapchat’s biggest threat is its own design, www.theverge.com
- The Exact Formula For Growing Your Personal Brand on Instagram (With Examples), blog.crazyegg.com
- While Some Retailers Ignore Snapchat, Others Are Killing It With Lens and Geofilter Ads, www.adweek.com
- Why Instagram Stories is Actually Good News for Snapchat, www.convinceandconvert.com
Go to Source
Author: Amy Gesenhues