Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- MarTech Landscape: What is a Customer Data Platform?
Nov 2, 2016 by Barry Levine
This recently-named category seeks to define the marketer’s Holy Grail: a unified view of the customer.
- Google creates its own antitrust woes with poor communication over search listings
Nov 2, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
Have an issue with your listings in Google? Getting an official answer might be tough. And when that happens to a Google competitor, as it did with ProtonMail, it could come back to harm Google’s defense from antitrust charges.
- 8 ways SEO has changed in the past 10 years
Nov 2, 2016 by Jayson DeMers
How has the search landscape changed over the last decade? Columnist Jayson DeMers explores the biggest shake-ups over the last 10 years and their impact on search engine optimization (SEO).
- Searching for and winning the marketing moments that matter
Nov 2, 2016 by Jim Yu
Columnist Jim Yu discusses the impact of digital on the customer journey and what marketers need to do to stay competitive and convert customers in the moments that matter.
- Content-specific chat prompts: Unlocking the power of conversation
Nov 2, 2016 by Jacob Baadsgaard
Columnist Jacob Baadsgard explains how live chat technology can be deployed in a more personalized way to turn your content into conversations, leads and sales.
- SMX East 2016: Satisfying The Need For Speed
Nov 2, 2016 by Eric Enge
Columnist Eric Enge recaps a session at SMX East on the impact of page speed on SEO, presented by former Google Search Quality team member Fili Wiese.
- Study finds e-retailers are making it more difficult to unsubscribe from emails
Nov 2, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
According to the Online Trust Alliance, fewer online retailers are using “clear and conspicuous” unsubscribe links in marketing emails.
- 5 ways to use personalized video in your next marketing campaign
Nov 2, 2016 by Michael Litt
How can you make personalized video work for you? Columnist Michael Litt outlines his favorite ways to use personalized video to win the attention of prospects and customers.
- 7 Google Analytics reports that demystify your B2B audience
Nov 2, 2016 by Stela Yordanova
Looking to gain a deeper understanding of your website visitors? Contributor Stela Yordanova lays out her favorite Google Analytics reports to help B2B marketers analyze and know their audience.
- On a global basis, mobile internet usage surpassed the desktop in October
Nov 2, 2016 by Greg Sterling
A separate forecast predicts nearly 80 percent of internet usage will be mobile by 2018, as well as 60 percent of digital ad spend.
- Grow your business with account-based marketing
Nov 1, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Account-based marketing (ABM) has become a popular term among business-to-business (B2B) marketers. The goal of ABM campaigns is quite simple: to understand, identify and target ideal customers with personalized messaging.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
Copywriting, Design & Usability
Display & Contextual Advertising
- 5 Ecommerce Site Design Trends for 2017, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 5 Psychology Discoveries That Reveal What Makes Online Shoppers Convert on an Ecommerce Page, blog.crazyegg.com
- Convenience Is The Growth Engine Of Ecommerce, adexchanger.com
- Etsy’s sales grow 19% in Q3, www.internetretailer.com
- The calendar for e-commerce flips to full-on holiday promotion, www.internetretailer.com
- The New Moment of Truth: Beyond the Buy Button, www.marketingprofs.com
- The Problem with Loyalty Programs, adage.com
- Wal-Mart e-commerce execs exit in wake of Jet merger, www.retaildive.com
- What You Should Do Right Now to Avoid Stressing Out for the Holiday E-commerce Explosion, blog.crazyegg.com
- What’s Hot Online This Black Friday & Holiday Season, company-enterprise.myshopify.com
- Why Amazon Alexa is so dominant right now, venturebeat.com
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- #Everything #You #Need #To #Know #About #Hashtags, www.searchinfluence.com
- 10 Ways to Grow an Organic Instagram Presence, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- A beginner’s guide to the Pinterest Bulk Editor, 3qdigital.com
- Auto Insurance Premiums Based on Facebook Posts? No, Says Facebook, www.adweek.com
- Content Curation for Effective Social Media and Email Marketing, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Facebook officially announces Gameroom, its PC Steam competitor, techcrunch.com
- How Should SMBs Respond to Complaints on Social Media?, streetfightmag.com
- Infographic: The Battle Between Instagram and Snapchat, contently.com
- Introducing”LinkedIn Salary”: Unlock Your Earnings Potential, blog.linkedin.com
- Make the Most Out of Social Coupons for #SmallBizSat, www.verticalresponse.com
- Platform Push: How Big Changes From Facebook, Snapchat, and Pinterest Will Affect Marketers, contently.com
- Some Facebook employees struggle with inclusion, techcrunch.com
- The Twitter Logo Redesign By Who Might Buy It (Eventually), www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- WHAT’S HAPPENING NOW (Election Edition), Twitter Blog
- Why Retailers Should Sell on Instagram, multichannelmerchant.com
- Will Instagram’s shoppable photos strategy finally usher in social media sales?, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- 7 Smart Ways to Start Using Facebook Live for Your Business, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Can Twitter Finally Make Periscope Soar as the Livestreaming Space Heats Up?, www.adweek.com
- Here Is What Google Found In Secret Video Ad Experiments, adage.com
- How publishers are making money from Facebook Live, digiday.com
- How The Richards Group’s YouTube Campaign Helped Drive Millions of App Downloads for Chick-fil-A, www.thinkwithgoogle.com
- How This New Platform Plans to Make Buying Ads on Streaming Services Easier, www.adweek.com
- How to Create a Killer Live Video Strategy, blog.crazyegg.com
- Life After Vine: 5 Tips to Help Brands Move on With Video, www.toprankblog.com
- Live Streaming and Why Everyone is Doing it, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Twitch starts selling its own video ads, says they can’t be avoided via ad blockers, techcrunch.com
Go to Source
Author: Amy Gesenhues