Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Top 10 video creators in October: UNILAD & The LAD Bible hold at #1 & #2
Nov 17, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
October was UNILAD’s fourth consecutive month in the top spot, according to Tubular Labs video insights.
- When AI and analytics drive business disruption vs. hype
Nov 17, 2016 by Sean Zinsmeister
What is artificial intelligence (AI), and how can it be applied to marketing? Columnist Sean Zinsmeister explains how AI manifests itself in the marketing and analytics realm to interpret data, produce insights and streamline workflows.
- Ready for Black Friday 2016? 3 critical e-commerce SEO configurations that help you avoid common issues
Nov 17, 2016 by Aleyda Solis
Columnist Aleyda Solis lays out critical tips for configuring your e-commerce website for SEO success this holiday season.
- Last-minute SEO for the holidays
Nov 17, 2016 by Dave Davies
Put off your 2016 holiday SEO strategy until now? While it may be too late to capture those big-budget keywords, columnist Dave Davies shows that there are still some tactics you can use to gain some SEO traction this holiday season.
- What brands should know about shooting with Snap’s Spectacles
Nov 17, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Snap Inc.’s Spectacles aren’t a replacement for your phone’s camera. They’re an alternative lens for your Snapchat stories.
- Cognitive marketing gets closer with Google’s expansion of its cloud-based machine learning
Nov 17, 2016 by Barry Levine
This week’s announcements by the tech giant, according to one analyst, highlight that “AI is going into everything.”
- What it means to be a critical thinker and why marketers need to embrace the concept
Nov 17, 2016 by Matt Umbro
Columnist Matt Umbro calls on marketers to use their intellectual abilities to question, scrutinize and analyze and make informed decisions.
- From looker to booker: How TripAdvisor’s CMO helped steer a content company into an online retailer
Nov 17, 2016 by Nadine Dietz & Erica Seidel
TripAdvisor’s Barbara Messing explains how she led her marketing team in a company shift from media-only to media plus transaction, in an interview with contributors Erica Seidel and Nadine Dietz.
- Marketing budgets continue to rise as marketers juggle increasing demands
Nov 16, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
According to Gartner’s 2016–2017 Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) Spend Survey, marketing budgets increased to 12 percent of company revenue in 2016, from 11 percent in 2015. Fifty-seven percent of marketing leaders surveyed expect their budgets will increase further in 2017.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 5 Co-op Advertising Tips for Retail Businesses, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Amazon.com’s Marketplace Concept Spreads to Other Retailers, www.wsj.com
- Amazon: Half of all merchandise sold now comes from third-party sellers, www.retaildive.com
- How Amazon Hijacks Listings & What to do if it Happens to You, www.marketingwords.com
- How Retailers Can Make the Most of Black Friday and Cyber Monday, multichannelmerchant.com
- Sellers on Amazon Ready for Busy Holiday Season, phx.corporate-ir.net
- U.S. e-commerce sales grow 15.6% in Q3, www.internetretailer.com
- What Etsy Does When Things Go Wrong: A 7-Step Guide, www.fastcodesign.com
- What US retailers can learn from Alibaba’s record-setting Singles Day, www.retaildive.com
- Why Consumers Abandon E-Commerce Shopping Carts, www.marketingprofs.com
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- 11 Helpful Social Media Tools for Marketers, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 15 Incredible Facebook Ad Tools We Love, www.ppchero.com
- 5 Ways to Use Social Media to Drive More In-Store Sales This Holiday Season, streetfightmag.com
- Facebook Adds “Everyone Who Engaged With Your Page” to Custom Audiences, www.adweek.com
- Facebook’s new Community Help tool lets users offer and find help during emergency crises, www.theverge.com
- How to Make Social Advocacy Part of Your Employees’ Daily Routine, www.convinceandconvert.com
- LinkedIn is now officially blocked in Russia, TechCrunch
- The Expansion of Instagram Stories, and What It Means for You, simplymeasured.com
- The Latest Data on How Readers are Interacting with Facebook Instant Articles, www.socialbakers.com
- The Q4 2016 Sprout Social Index, sproutsocial.com
- The Top 20 Musical.ly Users & Stars, mediakix.com
- Twitter adds QR codes for some reason, www.theverge.com
- What Is the Blueprint for Social Marketing Success?, simplymeasured.com
Go to Source
Author: Amy Gesenhues