Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- [WATCH] Marketing Land Live #22: Verizon buys Yahoo, earnings week & more
Aug 1, 2016 by Matt McGee
In this week’s show, we talk about Yahoo’s future with Verizon/AOL, and a big week of earnings for almost everyone but Twitter.
- Twitter will hand out awards to spark advertiser interest, investment
Aug 1, 2016 by Tim Peterson
The first-ever Twitter Awards will showcase the service’s best ads of the past year at a time when it needs to reignite advertisers’ interest and investment.
- 9 things most people don’t understand about SEO
Aug 1, 2016 by John Lincoln
New to the world of search engine optimization (SEO)? Columnist John Lincoln explains some things you might not know about this online marketing discipline.
- Excited about Google’s new map ads? You should be!
Aug 1, 2016 by Will Scott
Google Maps ads are changing to help local businesses become more visible. Columnist Will Scott discusses the four features you should be most excited about.
- Elon Musk and the rise of the social executive
Aug 1, 2016 by Chris Kerns
What can marketers learn from Elon Musk’s rabid following on Twitter? Columnist Chris Kerns dives into his Twitter feed to discover key tactics from his social activity.
- Report: 93 percent of US baseball stadiums have deployed beacons
Aug 1, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Sports teams that have deployed beacons and proximity technologies have seen an ROI as big as 40X in incremental revenue.
- The path to one-to-one content marketing
Aug 1, 2016 by Jose Cebrian
How do you create content that’s tailored to individual customers? Columnist Jose Cebrian outlines the steps for developing content that can be applied to a people-based marketing strategy.
- 7 ways to get to know your audience better
Aug 1, 2016 by Timothy Carter
Knowing your audience is central to any marketing strategy. So how do you get to know them? Columnist Timothy Carter discusses seven ways to learn more about your target demographics.
- The secret to intelligent growth: Know your customers
Aug 1, 2016 by Jordan Elkind
How do you keep your customers coming back? By gathering meaningful insights about them. Columnist Jordan Elkind outlines three ways to use customer intelligence to increase retention.
- Google revenues climb 21 percent to $21.5 billion, powered by mobile
Jul 29, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Growth is coming from three areas: mobile search, video and programmatic, but primarily mobile search.
- Automattic’s WooCommerce ecommerce platform now connects with Square
Jul 29, 2016 by Barry Levine
WooCommerce, a WordPress plugin, says this was its most requested integration.
- China’s largest search engine, Baidu, struggles on earnings
Jul 29, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Baidu’s stock drops on their latest earnings release, showing signs of slower growth and profits than ever before.
Stay up to date on all things search related at Search Engine Land, our sister site dedicated to search news and information.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- A Brief Guide to Contrarian Ecommerce Marketing, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Amazon gets analyst thumbs up on investment plans, www.retaildive.com
- Cheat Sheet to Ace the Online Back to School Shopping Rush, company-enterprise.myshopify.com
- Dirty truth about omnichannel retail, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- E-Commerce Explores Unfamiliar Territory: Feelings, www.cmswire.com
- E-commerce innovator Chad Dickerson: Crafting sales, www.internetretailer.com
- How to Optimize User Experience to Drive Mobile Commerce Sales, www.martechadvisor.com
- Leverage The New Holiday Promotion Cycle To Lure Omnichannel Shoppers, multichannelmerchant.com
- Speeding Mobile Checkout Can Save Sales, www.cmswire.com
- Walgreens plans to shutter Drugstore.com and Beauty.com, Internet Retailer
General Internet Marketing
- Instagram to roll out anti-harassment tools, TechCrunch
- Twitter Fails to Harness Its Importance, Wall Street Journal
- 5 Charts That Show How Much Social Media Changed Since 2014, contently.com
- 5 Tips & Tricks for Making Killer Facebook Carousel Ads, 3qdigital.com
- 5 Ways to Get Noticed by Influencers on Twitter, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Do You Really Need a Facebook Page for Each Location of Your Business?, www.localvisibilitysystem.com
- How to Create a Facebook Page for Your New Business, smallbiztrends.com
- How to Grow a Twitter Chat: Lessons from 2 Years of #bufferchat, blog.bufferapp.com
- Is Facebook a Colossal Waste of Money?, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- Look Up: Countdown to Rio 2016 Begins on Facebook and Instagram, media.fb.com
- NBC and Facebook link for Olympics ‘social command center’, digiday.com
- Social Media Tips & Tools To Post Smarter: Content Scheduling, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Topnotch Facebook Plugins for WordPress, www.wpexplorer.com
- Vin Diesel Becomes First Actor With 100 Million Facebook Likes, www.adweek.com
- What’s New on Facebook Business for July 2016, www.facebook.com
- 10 Things You Need to Do When Getting Started on YouTube, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Google says 97% of connections to YouTube are now encrypted, techcrunch.com
- How to Create a Mind-Blowing Instagram Video Strategy, www.jeffbullas.com
- How to Use Facebook Live From Your Desktop Without Costly Software, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Poor User Experience Holding Back The Video Advertising Industry, adexchanger.com
- Rio 2016 celebrations on YouTube, youtube.googleblog.com
- US Marketers to Step Up Social Video Ads, Particularly on Facebook, www.emarketer.com
- Why You Should Be Investing in Video, www.clixmarketing.com
- YouTube Engineering and Developers Blog: YouTube’s road to HTTPS, youtube-eng.blogspot.com
- YouTube reveals RNC and DNC livestreams were viewed over 9 million times, average watch time was 25 minutes, venturebeat.com
Go to Source
Author: Amy Gesenhues