Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Like Moz, Raven Tools refocuses on its first love: search
Aug 18, 2016 by Barry Levine
The Nashville-based company is releasing a rebuilt standalone version of the most popular tool in its suite, a Site Auditor for search optimization.
- Twitter fights abuse by making it easier to hide abuse
Aug 18, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Twitter has updated its interface to reduce notifications and to improve the quality of tweets. Is this a step toward addressing claims that it allows harassers to reign free?
- How to solve duplicate content local SEO issues for multi-location businesses
Aug 18, 2016 by Joy Hawkins
It can be difficult for businesses with multiple locations to craft unique, rich content for each individual location page, but columnist Joy Hawkins has some advice for how to do just that.
- 4 ways for Twitter to stay relevant
Aug 18, 2016 by Brad O’Brien
How can Twitter get ahead in the social advertising space? Columnist Brad O’Brien discusses four initiatives that will help the platform thrive and resonate more with marketers.
- How to manage ad partners in regulated industries: Education (Part 4 of 5)
Aug 18, 2016 by Lori Weiman
Columnist Lori Weiman takes a look at several recent lawsuits against educational advertisers and offers tips on how you and your affiliates can operate safely in this highly scrutinized industry.
- Parse.ly now provides site and app publishers with full raw data
Aug 18, 2016 by Barry Levine
Its new Data Pipeline delivers the info behind its existing dashboard and API.
- How to find the right analytics for the right marketing job
Aug 18, 2016 by Alan K’necht
Do you know which kind of analytics to use, and when? Columnist Alan K’necht breaks down the three categories of analytics and explains how using them effectively can make your marketing campaign successful.
- What is marketing automation?
Aug 17, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Marketing automation is the subject of a fair amount of hype and embellishment. It’s a simple idea with wide variation in execution. It can be simple. It can be extremely complex. It’s done by huge companies. It’s done by one-person businesses. The goal is always the same, though.
- WordPress releases 4.6, with faster theme & plugin management
Aug 17, 2016 by Matt McGee
Latest CMS update now available for download or updating via WordPress dashboard.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- Brands Engage in Olympics Marketing to Reach Sports Fans through Spirited Content, www.martechadvisor.com
- Content Marketing Strategies: Making the Most of Influencer Marketing, www.thunderactive.com
- How to Atomize 1 Killer Piece of Content Into 10, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Influencer Marketing: Your Always-On Content Lab, www.adweek.com
- Principles of Content Promotion, www.portent.com
- Six Essentials for Good Storytelling – and Great Content Marketing, www.marketingprofs.com
- The Best Content Calendar Tools, www.blogherald.com
- The Must-Have Social Media Tool Every Content Marketer Needs, www.copyblogger.com
- Welcome to The 2016 Content Marketing Summer Games, www.toprankblog.com
- What Is Visual Content Marketing, www.searchenginepeople.com
- What Startups Can Learn From Larger Companies About Content Strategies, www.marketingprofs.com
- What to Do When Your Content Marketing Falls Flat, www.komarketingassociates.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- 3 improvements inspired by our Pinners, blog.pinterest.com
- 7 Ways to Increase Social Engagement, www.copypress.com
- Facebook Ads 101: What You Need to Know, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Facebook is building its own Steam-style desktop gaming platform with Unity, techcrunch.com
- Facebook’s Artificial Intelligence Research lab releases open source fastText on GitHub, techcrunch.com
- How Much Money Should I Spend on Facebook Ads to Be Successful on My Webinar?, www.amyporterfield.com
- How should luxury brands navigate creative shift on social media?, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- How you, too, can start #winning at social media, digiday.com
- My Changing View for Facebook Advertising, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- Selling on Facebook: 6 Non-Obvious Ways to Increase Facebook Sales, www.wordstream.com
- The Radical Idea: Why investing in the physical world should be part of your social media marketing budget, sherpablog.marketingsherpa.com
- Twitter Suspends 235,000 More Accounts Over Extremism, www.nytimes.com
- When Automation Goes Wrong: A Better Approach to Social Media, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Why Marketers Should Use Twitter, www.adweek.com
- Will Facebook’s artificial image creation solve our stock photo woes?, www.econsultancy.com
Go to Source
Author: Amy Gesenhues