Here’s our recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Dentsu Aegis acquires Merkle in deal estimated at $1.5 billion
Aug 8, 2016 by Matt McGee
US-based digital agency says it will continue to operate independently.
- Move over, phones. Cars are becoming the new mobile target for marketers.
Aug 8, 2016 by Barry Levine
Step by step, your car is turning into a behaviorally profiled marketing destination.
Don’t miss your last chance to save big on MarTech Europe
Aug 8, 2016 by Marketing Land
Don’t miss out on MarTech Europe, THE conference for professionals at the intersection of marketing and IT. Rates go up this Saturday, so register now and save £300 off on-site prices.
- How Verizon’s Yahoo buy will reshape the digital ad marketplace
Aug 8, 2016 by James Green
Verizon’s recent acquisition of Yahoo suggests that it is looking to scale, but is it enough to catapult the company into the league of Facebook and Google? Columnist James Green explores.
- Walmart confirms it is acquiring Jet.com for $3B in cash plus $300M in Walmart shares
Aug 8, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Walmart anticipates the deal will close by the end of 2016.
From Around The Web:
- How to Monitor Multiple Social Media Metrics in a Single Dashboard, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Apple Buys Machine-Learning Startup Turi, www.wsj.com
- Alibaba CTO touts analytics, doesn’t see Amazon as competition, www.retaildive.com
- How Advances in Retargeting Make it More Awesome – and More Effective – than Ever, www.martechadvisor.com
- How Leveraging Technology Can Empower Your ABM Campaigns, www.martechadvisor.com
- How Machine Learning will Force Marketing to Evolve (Whether We Like it or Not), blog.kissmetrics.com
- How to build a better business bot, venturebeat.com
- Salesforce Names New Marketing Cloud CEO – Is It Still Gung Ho On Marketing Tech?, adexchanger.com
- The Great Marketing Migration, chiefmartec.com
- This Startup Is Teaching Chatbots Real Empathy, www.fastcodesign.com
Go to Source
Author: Amy Gesenhues