Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Research: Five reasons why 100% viewability isn’t worth the cost (by a long shot)
Aug 3, 2016 by Keith Pieper
Some industry experts may advise advertisers and agencies to “hold out” for 100% viewability on their media buys, but contributor Keith Pieper says it’s not worth it and proposes a different path.
- 6 top content management systems compared
Aug 3, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
If you are thinking about implementing a content management system, searching for the best CMS resources, or simply want to learn more about why it helps to have one, this white paper from ARKE will give you the answers.
- Report: Nearly three-quarters of native ads get failing scores
Aug 3, 2016 by Barry Levine
New study by the Online Trust Alliance finds that most native ads do not adequately show they are ads.
- A Snapchat Story showing the (few) differences with Instagram Stories
Aug 2, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Instagram Stories are a close clone of Snapchat Stories, but there are some differences between the two, like how they handle pre-recorded photos and videos.
- 4 things you didn’t know about rich snippets
Aug 3, 2016 by Pratik Dholakiya
Wondering how to get those enhanced SERP displays? Columnist Pratik Dholakiya shares useful information about rich snippets and structured data to get you started.
- Search for Hey Siri commands available on iOS devices
Aug 3, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
A new site shows the close to 500 unique Apple Siri commands you can use on your device to search. Check it out at hey-siri.io.
- AMP pages no longer need structured data to be valid in Google Search Console
Aug 3, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google has downgraded the structured data issues from errors to information notes in the AMP error reports.
From Around The Web:
- The state of predictive analytics, econsultancy.com
- 10 Best WordPress Multi-Author Management Plugins, www.wpexplorer.com
- Area 404: Facebook’s New 22,000-Square-Foot Hardware Lab, www.adweek.com
- Five key points to consider for a smooth site migration, econsultancy.com
- Amazon Dash expands as streamlined purchasing experience supports retention, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Google will test delivery drones in the US, www.internetretailer.com
- Why in-chat ecommerce is the next big thing, venturebeat.com
- The Top 10 Free Content Analytics Tools, contently.com
- Why chatbots are replacing apps, venturebeat.com
- Yahoo ‘Aware’ Hacker Is Advertising 200 Million Supposed Accounts on Dark Web, motherboard.vice.com
- Twitter: Gnip 2.0 APIs Now Generally Available, www.adweek.com
- 6 DIY Tools Merchants Can Use to Make Video Ads, streetfightmag.com
- Virtual Insanity: How VR Is Taking Over the World, www.koozai.com
- When Will the VR Revolution Come for Marketers?, contently.com
Go to Source
Author: Barry Levine