Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- OpenStreetMap debuts Google Street View alternative: OpenStreetView
Aug 22, 2016 by Greg Sterling
The company seeks to crowd-source street-level photography on a global basis.
- Bing Ads Editor now supports custom ad copy for native ads on MSN.com
Aug 22, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Bing’s latest version of its desktop editor tool, Bing Ads Editor 11.2, supports custom copy development for native ads. Instead of creating one ad to be served in search and native ad placements, advertisers can now create ads specific to native placements on MSN.com in bulk using the tool. “Native ads perform better when they explain benefits and […]
- The way-too-early AdWords holiday testing guide
Aug 22, 2016 by Todd Saunders
Looking to run some tests in preparation for the holidays? Columnist Todd Saunders suggests some helpful ideas to get you started.
- 17 days of 2016 Rio Olympic Google Doodles: a full list of Google’s “Fruity Doodle” images
Aug 22, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
From the start of the games through closing ceremonies, Google replaced its usual home page logo with the following animated images.
- Aligning collateral and micro-conversions with the buying cycle
Aug 22, 2016 by Amy Bishop
Columnist Amy Bishop believes it’s time to rethink the age-old strategy of a singular conversion point. Learn how to leverage your content to guide consumers through the purchase funnel while obtaining marketing insights that will help you drive sales.
- Google says the Google index status in the Search Console report is broken
Aug 22, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google may not be showing you an accurate count of your indexed pages in the Google Search Console Index Status report.
- Google Local Business Cards or Posts about to roll out to ‘thousands’ of SMBs
Aug 19, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Search feature will soon be broadly accessible to local businesses and their agencies.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
SEM / Paid Search
Go to Source
Author: Barry Schwartz