Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- First appearance of ads in Local Pack found in UK mobile search result
Aug 7, 2016 by Greg Sterling
The configuration showed three organic listings with one ad at the top.
- Expanded Text Ads: from quirks to testing methods & early results, what we know so far
Aug 8, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Marketers share how they are approaching the new text ad format and results they’re seeing.
- Survey: Local search marketing top channel for SMBs, but many not tracking ROI
Aug 8, 2016 by Greg Sterling
The paradoxical findings suggest many SMBs are making assumptions about marketing effectiveness without actually measuring.
- Don’t miss your last chance to save big on MarTech Europe
Aug 8, 2016 by Search Engine Land
Don’t miss out on MarTech Europe, THE conference for professionals at the intersection of marketing and IT. Rates go up this Saturday, register now and save £300 off on-site prices. You’ll get case studies from leading brands about the marketing, technology and management issues we all struggle with in trying to keep up with, and […]
- Advanced Google Shopping: Is price a proxy for Quality Score in product ads?
Aug 8, 2016 by Andreas Reiffen
Columnist Andreas Reiffen shares insights about price sensitivity and user behavior in Google Shopping, based on an analysis of 15,000 conversions across the German, UK and US markets.
- So we have 45 more characters in AdWords text ads… Now what?
Aug 8, 2016 by Pauline Jakober
Expanded text ads recently went live in AdWords, so what’s the next step? Columnist Pauline Jakober explains how to strategically expand on your existing text ads when making the transition.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
SEM / Paid Search
Go to Source
Author: Barry Schwartz