Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Registration for MarTech San Francisco is open!
Nov 16, 2016 by Scott Brinker
MarTech San Francisco is back and better than before, with twice the number of sessions, speakers and exhibitors! With 2017 promising to deliver even more change and innovation, you don’t want to miss out on this opportunity to learn firsthand how digital business pioneers have navigated their own digital transformation. If you’re passionate about how […]
- Last-minute SEO for the holidays
Nov 16, 2016 by Dave Davies
Put off your 2016 holiday SEO strategy until now? While it may be too late to capture those big-budget keywords, columnist Dave Davies shows that there are still some tactics you can use to gain some SEO traction this holiday season.
- Ready for Black Friday 2016? 3 critical e-commerce SEO configurations that help you avoid common issues
Nov 16, 2016 by Aleyda Solis
Columnist Aleyda Solis lays out critical tips for configuring your e-commerce website for SEO success this holiday season.
- Google adds what’s ‘on TV soon’ to search results
Nov 16, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Get the showtimes for your favorite television shows on Google with the new “On TV soon” box.
- The death of mobile pop-ups and what you can do instead
Nov 16, 2016 by Sponsored Content: gShift
Over the past couple of years, Google has shown a strong focus on user experience on mobile devices. They have developed their algorithms to address customer experience and usability and to encourage organizations to meet certain standards. For instance, Mobilegeddon looked not only at the responsiveness of a mobile site, but how truly mobile-friendly a […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- 7 Must-Have Enhancements For Your Local Landing Pages, Search Engine People
- Google Machine Learning Can Be Used To Make New Ranking Signals Out Of Existing Signals, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google: Nothing To Announce For November 10th Search Update, Search Engine Roundtable
- Less Is More – How Too Many Indexed Pages Can Damage Your Domain, sistrix.com
- Mobile SEO Pop Quiz: How Well Do You Understand the Google Mobile-First Index?, BruceClay.com
- November 10, 2016 Google Algorithm Update – Was It A Core Ranking Update, The Mobile-first Index Being Tested, or Both?, gsqi.com
- SEO basics: What is a slug and how to optimize it, Yoast
- The SEO Myth of Going Viral, Moz
SEM / Paid Search
Go to Source
Author: Barry Schwartz