This is the wrap-up of the most popular posts and announcements on SEJ over the previous week. Newsletter subscribers are the first to receive this and other updates.
Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMPs) to be Shown in Organic Search
There are over 150 million Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMPs) in Google’s index from 650 thousand unique domains. Only a fraction of those AMPs ever get found by searchers because, until now, the only way for AMPs to get surfaced in search results was through the “Top Stories” carousel.
Today, Google is unveiling an early preview of expanded AMP support across the entire search results pages. This means you will start to see AMPs surfaced in the blue links alongside other non-AMP pages. You will be able to tell the difference because AMPs will be designated by the familiar lightning bolt icon.
An Introduction to Mobile SEO
Google announced last year that now, “more Google searches take place on mobile devices than on computers in 10 countries, including the US and Japan.” That number is only going to increase, a recent report projected by the year 2020, there will be 3.5 billion smartphones shipped worldwide.
So how do search marketers ensure that this boom in mobile web usage won’t leave them behind? By staying on top of the basics of mobile search. Get caught up today by reading our complete introduction to mobile SEO.
Popular Search Marketing Posts
Here is a rundown of the most popular posts on SEJ from last week:
- Breaking: #AMP to Show in Organic Search, by Matt Southern
- An Introduction to Mobile SEO, by Bridget Randolph
- The 10 Important Metrics You Should be Tracking in Content Marketing, by Aaron Agius
- HTTPS: Friend or Foe?, by Anna Crowe
- How to Use Google’s New Mobile Testing Tool, by Amanda DiSilvestro / [AD] London’s Top Marketing Managers Weigh-in on Creating Email Campaigns
- What to Do When Things Go Wrong in SEO, by Eric Enge
- Google Chrome for iOS Now Supports Accelerated Mobile Pages, by Matt Southern
- Everything You Need to Know About Google’s #AMP, by Danielle Antosz
- Search Marketing is the Future, Right?, by Anna Crowe
- Google Has a Solution For People Who Obsessively Google Themselves, by Matt Southern
Download This Week’s Episode of Marketing Nerds
In this episode of Marketing Nerds, Shannon Hernandez, a radio personality and podcast producer, sits down with Features Editor Danielle Antosz to talk about Facebook Live, what it can offer to businesses, and what makes it entertaining and interesting. Listen to the full episode, or download the MP3 here.
Your browser does not support the audio element.
Featured Image: Created by Matt Southern
In-post Photo #1: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #2: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #3: Image by Paulo Bobita
Go to Source
Author: Meg Cabrera