This is the wrap-up of the most popular posts and announcements on SEJ over the previous week. Newsletter subscribers are the first to receive this and other updates.
9 Biggest Differences Between Yandex and Google SEO
If your target audience lives in countries like China, South Korea, or Russia, you’re missing most of your audience if you’re not showing up in their preferred search engines.
In Russia, Yandex is by far the biggest search engine. More than 57% of Russian internet users rely on Yandex as their main search engine and it’s currently ranked as the number one Russian internet property.
While most of the fundamental rules for promoting sites on Google apply to Yandex, SEJ contributor Aleh Barysevich compiled this list of nine specific differences between these platforms. If you’re aiming to master Yandex SEO and appeal to a whole new market, keep these tips in mind.
7 SEO Steps For Rebranding Your Company
Launching a successful rebranding campaign can seem like a terrifying, formidable task, especially if you think about the potential risk for your SEO rankings. The last thing you want to do after building up your SEO is to lose all that progress because you decided to change your company’s name.
Thankfully enough, decreased SEO rankings doesn’t have to be a bi-product of rebranding, as long as you do your research. Always take the necessary steps to make it a smooth transition and don’t be afraid of a little effort and hard work.
Learn how to rebrand your company without hurting your search rankings with SEJ contributor Sergio Aicardi’s seven steps to take when considering a rebrand.
Popular Search Marketing Posts
Here is a rundown of the most popular posts on SEJ from last week:
- 9 Biggest Differences Between Yandex & Google SEO, by Aleh Barysevich
- Seven SEO Steps to Rebranding Your Company, by Sergio Aicardi
- 5 Big Facebook Live Updates Marketers Need to Know, by Danny Goodwin
- New Ways to Edit and Add Information to Google Maps, by Matt Southern
- Google is Soon Rolling Out Imported Call Conversions for AdWords, by Matt Southern / [AD] How to Create a Search Engine Friendly WordPress Site in Minutes
- How Pokemon GO Lured Real Customers to a Real Location, by Corey Padveen
- A New Study Says Links Still Help You Rank, by Danny Goodwin
- Google AdWords Updates: Expanded Text Ads, Responsive Ads, & Device Bidding, by Matt Southern
- Google AdWords to Eliminate ‘Converted Clicks’ on September 21st, by Matt Southern
- How Newbies Can Get Started With CRO, by Andrew Raso
Download This Week’s Episode of Marketing Nerds
On this week’s episode of Marketing Nerds, Danielle Antosz sat down with Kathleen Garvin of The Penny Hoarder to talk about how to create content your audience will actually want to engage with – which is no easy task! During our discussion, they talked about the recent Chewbacca Mom Facebook live video, how company culture can play a huge part in creating engaging content, and why brands should be careful when they try to ‘news jack’. Listen to the full episode, or download the MP3 here.
Your browser does not support the audio element.
Featured Image: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #1: Image by Aleh Barysevich
In-post Photo #2: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #3: bloomua/DepositPhotos.com
In-post Photo #4: Image by Paulo Bobita
Go to Source
Author: Meg Cabrera