This is the wrap-up of the most popular posts and announcements on SEJ over the previous week. Newsletter subscribers are the first to receive this and other updates.
A Complete Guide to Panda, Penguin, and Hummingbird
Google has multiple named parts of the algorithm that influence search rankings. Google Panda is part of the algo that is specific to the quality of content, Penguin is specific to the quality of links, and Hummingbird is Google’s part of the algo for handling conversational search queries accurately.
The Top Do’s and Don’ts in Effective Social Media Management
Social media is the Swiss Army Knife of businesses in the 21st century. We use social media to drive our branding efforts, connect with customers, generate new leads, gain insights into buying habits, manage reputation, and bolster our digital footprint.
But, while social media is an essential part of modern business, many companies still aren’t getting the full potential from their digital efforts. Learn where businesses are getting it wrong, and how to get it right, in this detailed guide by SEJ contributor Aleh Barysevich.
Popular Search Marketing Posts
Here is a rundown of the most popular posts on SEJ from last week:
- A Complete Guide to Panda, Penguin, and Hummingbird, by Jennifer Slegg
- Matt Cutts Explains Why He Left Google for USDS, by Matt Southern
- The Top Do’s and Don’ts in Effective Social Media Management, by Aleh Barysevich
- Google’s Keyword Planner Tool Providing Limited Data to Low Spending Advertisers, by Matt Southern
- WordPress Version 4.6 Now Available: Here’s What’s New, by Matt Southern / [AD] Is Google Neglecting Your New Content?
- SpyFu CEO Mike Roberts on How to Spy on Your Competitors, by Brent Csutoras
- How to Be Successful in Twitter Marketing, by Meg Cabrera
- Google AdWords Returning Null Quality Scores Starting September 12, by Matt Southern
- Why Marketing Revolves Around Storytelling, by Julia McCoy
- How Facebook’s Big Algorithm Change Will Affect Marketers, by Joe Lazauskas
SEJ News Live This Week
Watch SEJ News Live every Friday at 3pm EST on our Facebook page.
Download This Week’s Episode of Marketing Nerds
In this 100th episode of Marketing Nerds, Jenise Henrikson, CEO of Alpha Brand Media sits down with SEJ Executive Editor Kelsey Jones to give our listeners a background story of how Search Engine Journal started, as well the great things happening and pain points of making it grow as brand that it is today.
Listen to the full episode, or download the MP3 here.
Your browser does not support the audio element.
Go to Source
Author: Meg Cabrera