This is the wrap-up of the most popular posts and announcements on SEJ over the previous week. Newsletter subscribers are the first to receive this and other updates.
Google is Splitting its Search Index, Prioritizing Mobile Over Desktop
Google is splitting its index of search results into separate versions for mobile and desktop, a change which will happen in the coming months. The split will see Google’s index broken into a rapidly updated mobile version, and a desktop version which will not be updated as frequently.
For more information, including what this means for SEOs and site owners, see this week’s top news story.
39% of SEOs Tackle Technical SEO First [DATA]
After conducting an SEO audit, the next step for a majority of SEOs is to tackle the technical side first. This is very closely followed by on-page SEO.
This data comes from a survey sent out to Search Engine Journal’s Twitter audience and represents an ideal strategy for SEOs to follow. Read more about our survey results, and follow #sejsurveysays on Twitter for future polls and data.
Popular Search Marketing Posts
Here is a rundown of the most popular posts on SEJ from last week:
- Google is Splitting its Search Index, Prioritizing Mobile Over Desktop, by Matt Southern
- 39% of SEOs Tackle Technical SEO First [DATA], by Matt Southern
- How to Choose the Right Keyword to Optimize For, by Jacob Millen
- Google Wants to Know Where You Are At All Times, According to New Patent, by Matt Southern
- Uncover the Truth With Google’s New Fact Check Labeling System, by Matt Southern
- 4 Myths About Panda Thate Are Still Doing the Rounds, by Pratik Dholakiya
- How to Publish the Right Content in the Right Place at the Right Time, by Pratik Dholakiya
- How to Start Making Profits from PPC Campaigns, by Witold Wrodarczyk
- #Pubcon Day 2: Facebook Advertising, Twitter Hacks & Reddit Tricks, by Anna Crowe
- How to Host a Webinar that People Remember, by Nadya Khoja
Download This Week’s Episode of Marketing Nerds
In this episode of Marketing Nerds, Christina Baldassarre, Managing Director of Zebra Advertisement, joined us to talk about how to build a bigger brand online. Christina gives us a look into—first and foremost—why branding matters, as well as tips we can apply when working on our own website and personal branding.
Your browser does not support the audio element.
SEJ News LIVE
Get your digital marketing news of the week and more live on our Facebook.
Tune in for SEJ News LIVE every Friday at 3pm EST!
Featured Image: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Image #1: Image by Matt Southern
In-post Photo #2: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #3: Image by Matt Southern
In-post Photo #4: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #5: Image by Paulo Bobita
Go to Source
Author: Meg Cabrera